Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some Ground Control coilovers for my JDM 1994 Prelude 2.2 SiVTEC, and have some Koni Sport (aka 'yellows') on order. Is there any advantage of fitting polyurethane bushes at the same time?, and does anybody know what company manufactures them for my car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
you just need to get some polyurethane bush seeds, they are available at any gardening store. They will blossom in about 2-3 months depending on how much you oil them

:p

Just kidding, bored. I don't know much but I think polyurethane bushings require more maintenance, and they're squeeky. But from what I understand they perform better. Try google for more info

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
poly bushings will make the suspension work better because they will remove the slop from the rubber bushings. So you will have a firmer ride. However poly bushings are known to be squeaky, so you may not like that too much.

Also, pressing in new bushings can be a pain. So it would depends on if you were trying to do this yourself or have a shop do it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
you can get em from www.energysuspension.com...
the squeakiness isn' t that bad, you just have to keep em greased up...

they don't squeak right away either, or when you are driving normally... if you work em hard, you may get a squeak, but your radio and road/engine noise will cover most of it..

in other words, it's not annoyingly loud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts