Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyday within 2 minutes of shutting off my car in the garage, I hear this popping noise in the rear, it only does it once, it sounds like a balloon popping but not as loud. This popping sound has been occuring ever since I bought the lude 1 year ago, I don't really notice it when I'm outside because there isn't a wall to intensfy the popping noise. Any idea what could it be? shocks?

On another note the rear end of my car makes a really annoying clunking noise each time i run over the smallest bump. Does this "shock knock" have anything to do with the popping noise?

·
Registered
349 Posts
OK

The "shock knock" has been WAY covered in this forum, do a search, it's a prelude feature. The "popping" sound your are hearing about 2 minutes after you shut the car off is the delayed effect of breaking the sound barrier! Congradulations!!!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
VTEC_prelude99 said:
everyday within 2 minutes of shutting off my car in the garage, I hear this popping noise in the rear, it only does it once, it sounds like a balloon popping but not as loud. This popping sound has been occuring ever since I bought the lude 1 year ago, I don't really notice it when I'm outside because there isn't a wall to intensfy the popping noise. Any idea what could it be? shocks?

On another note the rear end of my car makes a really annoying clunking noise each time i run over the smallest bump. Does this "shock knock" have anything to do with the popping noise?

I have the exact same problems on mine!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My car does both too. When I turn off my car, I hear a popping noise too. I haven't really had time to look into it but I think it has something to do with my sound system. Not sure. When I drive and hit kinda big bumps in the road, I hear a knock too. It sounds like my suspension. I was suppose to be lookin at it right now but it's raining.

Last time my rear was knocking, The stabilizer linkage was loose. It was so bad that the nut stretched the thread on the linkage. I had to replace it and it went away. But now I hear a slight little knock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.