Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering is it possible to put a porshe 911 engine into a civic or any other type of porshe engine into a 97 civic ex coupe since there both 4cyl? How much would it cost? I would think that if it was possible that it was cost quite a bit to have it dropped in cuz it would probably all have to be custom? But could you imagine a civic with a fixed up 911 engine under tha hood, God damn think of the 1/4 mile time!!!! I'm considering it but not for another 2 years until my cars paid off for, if it can be done, who care about the cost, it would turn a lot of head at a show and be very unique.

· Registered
764 Posts
OMG!!!!:eek: :eek: Where do I start. Ok first of all no 911 has ever came with a 4cyl. They are all flat 6's. Also why would you do this, if your not worried about the cost get a Porche.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if it wasn't the 911, wasn't their model that was 4 cyl cuz I'm not to sure if there is but I heard there was, and the whole idea of a porshe in a civic was just an idea. Why would I do this cuz maybe I like the looks of a fixed up civic more than a porshe, alright, and its something different.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

· Registered
936 Posts
Lowrider Import said:
I was wondering is it possible to put a porshe 911 engine into a civic or any other type of porshe engine into a 97 civic ex coupe...
No! Pre-2001 CiViC motors turn the opposite direction of all other motors in the world. You would end up with a 1-speed tranny with 5 reverses...

· Registered
83 Posts
The worlds fastest backwards civic, run a 1/4 mile in -16 seconds..

lol with Blackdeucecoupe...... That was pretty good.. Hey, i aint flamin on yor idea.. but i have yet to hear about a Porsche with a 4 banger... they all a an inline 6.. now if you want, look at a VW... they are just a tuned down porsche anyways...

I think if you can find someone who will part with a Porsche motor for less than 5 grand your lucky... for that price got TypeR

· Registered
764 Posts
Yeah the 914 was a 4cyl. but you'd be better of with a B16 cause it makes alot more power than that engine. Damn your the first person I've ever heard say "I like the looks of a fixed up civic more than a porshe". Just cause it's different doesn't mean it looks right
This is what happens when people like you get a hold of Supra's:eek2:......:cry:

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I was always planning was to get a 98 GSR and put that in my car but the porshe was just an idea, just something that I thought would be different. DAMN

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean "people like me" LuckyH!?!:mad: That supra is fuckin ugly whoever did that needs to be slapped, I was just talkin about a engine not to redo the whole fuckin car.

· Registered
83 Posts
Hey man, nobodies hatin... chill out.. we know it was an idea.. but that car looks FOCKED up.. is that a porsche or a mercedes?? kinda looks like a cross of a supra and a mercedes..

· Registered
83 Posts
I was talking abou the pick posted of the silver thing.. the front looks like a mercedes, not a Porsche

· Registered
764 Posts
It's a Supra here's the rest of the pics. Rear doesn't look too bad though. Ooppss forgot the S, my bad:D .

· Registered
83 Posts
Thats definitely a mercedes front on a supra body...

· Registered
936 Posts
up...

· Registered
936 Posts
Lowrider Import said:
...who cares about the cost, it would turn a lot of head at a show and be very unique.
If you want to be unique, do a 5-cylinder Acura Vigor swap. They are EXCEEDINGLY rare!!! I've never seen one in real life; only in pix, but I know it's possible...

· Registered
764 Posts
Yeah it's a Piece for sure. And look at the SUV in the right part of the pic, what's up with that. Gotta cancel out some of this uglyness

· Registered
764 Posts
Re: Re: Porshe in a Civic?

BlackDeuceCoupe said:
If you want to be unique, do a 5-cylinder Acura Vigor swap. They are EXCEEDINGLY rare!!! I've never seen one in real life; only in pix, but I know it's possible...
That would be bad, I wonder if the new (CL or TL?) Type-S w/ the 6spd would fit in something like a Prelude or RSX engine bay.

· Registered
6 Posts
eitan said:
P-O-R-S-C-H-E
Thank you!! I was starting to get very ticked reading all of these posts where not one person could spell PORSCHE.
Even the one with the Porsche in the sig didn't get it right.
:D
SW

Just wanted to add that the 968 and the 944 both had 4 bangers at one point. Do your home work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.