Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I havent. I was going to on my accord. But the paint was in terrible condition so I didnt want to waste that on the pads...well its not that bad but it was very very contaiminated. From the first time I washed it I noticed it had the worst contaiments ever. Just tons of bumps all over. I took a clay bar too it long time ago and that helped drastically cut out the nastys. Ive never seen a clay bar get so black after each panel.

I then did it again later on as it seemed to just pick them up and I never really did anything major to it protection wise, so it was bound to get bad again.

So I went in washed it with NXT wash, then used good ol #7 on it. Did half the hood and wow so much better. Also the applicator was just like I thought after one panel it had become black. So there was stuff on top of the paint and of course in the paint now.

After I did the whole car there the finish still wasnt so great looking. Went in with gold class wax and bam. Just shut out all that. Car looks very shiney, just hard to really tell on the lighter colors.

Ill have to take some pics though.

I also finally used S100 Wax on my car...again by hand. Heh. The results are simply amazing. Only drawback it doesnt hide anything. Its like super shine , but I can see all the scratches. It obviously needs to be used on a well prepped car....or at least somewhat. I thought my car was good enough but obviously not. Im going to go in and 1z it soon and go from there. I might then use that cleaner on the blue pad, then im going to apply the wax by hand.

Also the stuff just applies itself. It goes on and off like nothing ive ever seen. The shine has also been lasting like crazy and im sitting the car out a ton more. It seems to almost keep the car cleaner. I dont think Ive heard people talk about it....but man I swear the car doesnt look like it needs a wash.

Major thumbs up on the stuff. Im thinking on using it on the accord and seeing what comes of it stacked on gold class. Since gold glass has hidden all the imperfections. Im thinking it ought to be a good combo. Also I applied the s100 via a meguiars foam pad. That was a great experience too. Ive always used terry cloth applicators.

Im thinking im using only the foam pad from now on for wax. Or at least the s100. It applies the lightest amount and is easy to glide over the car. I think it was just the right combo.

Im not too sure about gold class on it. That stuff is kinda thick and cloggy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
well, if your really not sure how to use it or what to do. Take a ride down and see me. Im in Port St. Lucie. I can teach you what to do and take a look at your car to tell you what can and cant be done. I used the pc on my car and i love it. A lot easier than my rotary and safer. Let me know i can teach you a lot, and learn from you also. My car's combo was

1. nxt wash
2. prowax clay
3. megs. #2 fine cut cleaner - polishing pad speed 5
4. Poorboys polish with caranuba - polishing pad speed 5
5. Poorboys ex sealant- mf pad
6. poorboys natty's x2.

Here's some pics

and the interior

·
Registered
10 Posts
any before pics? ill have to wait till spring before trying out the pc... but how do you polish small areas like the top of the bumper or any area where the buffer pad is too big to keep flat on the surface?

btw i like your results

21 - 28 of 28 Posts