Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
....it does make cleaner emissions when the timing is advanced they still wont pass it if its more than 20 deg btdc.
That's f'n dumb.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ah I c. But isnt pre 0b2 simply visual inspection? I might be confused though, between emisions and smog. . CA has like the strictest laws, so i can see there being two tests lol. How would they know whether your timing is advanced or not?
during the visual check they have to check the timing on any car that has an adjustable distributor, then they have to put it on the 5gas analizing dynomoeter and lug it up a hill at 15mph then at 25mph, the rpms canot exceed 2500 or they have to shift into a higher gear. its a rediculous test as this in no way aproximates real world driving, they should switch to the grams per mile test where you have to accel and decel to certain speeds over a given time and all that. but none of the new cars would pass if they did it that way. stupid C.A.R.B.
That's f'n dumb.
no kidding.:confused

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
oh and rex, no cam in this motor, all the cam grinds i have tried on the d15b2 make it lope like a missing 454. its still the wifes car so have to keep it streetable and smooth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
im sure he does but im going to wait on it til i have the turbo on and the rough tuning done. we will see where i need to go from there, im going to have to run it on the smog dyno 5-10 times before everything is dialed in well enough. i may have to alter the cam just a bit to get everything down as low as possible and still make it haul ass. might just need to adjust the cam gear.

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
im sure he does but im going to wait on it til i have the turbo on and the rough tuning done. we will see where i need to go from there, im going to have to run it on the smog dyno 5-10 times before everything is dialed in well enough. i may have to alter the cam just a bit to get everything down as low as possible and still make it haul ass. might just need to adjust the cam gear.
I just brought it up because I thought you were still undecided as to boost vs breathe, and you mentioned that it's a stocker because of the idle, and his bumpsticks are supposed to be quite streetable. I'm sure that, when the time is right, he'll be ready to hook you up with a nice turbo profile.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
haha, i like them for race cars hate them to drive. i out grew 6mpg a while ago. i used to drive a 69 chevy C20 truck with a full blown race 350 in it, dynoed at 450 at the rear wheels. ran a 12.8 sec 1/4 mile and would tow a building, or pull one down. if i dove it like a grandpa it got 12 mpg, if i got on it i got 4 mpg.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
damn... was trying to upload a couple pics of what i did to make the turbo kit work without swaping to mpfi, plugged into my computer and all of a sudden smoke from the camera :(
i found an old school aem ecu i had laying around in my storage shed, wasnt sure if it worked or not so i gave it power and sure as hell it came on. made a jumper wiring harness and and got it into the car then found out that the ecu couldnt be tuned on the newer version of the software. after some searching i found the old software disc and loaded the stock map and the car ran great. few days later i installed the turbo all over again and tuned everything in. shity thing is that no wide band as this ecu dosent work with widebands its so damn old school. damn thing pulls hard as hell, the hardest ive ever felt a honda auto pull, and my wife loves it, has already gotten 2 exhibition of speed tickets for reving the motor and letting it blow off. now she cant bitch at me for getting tickets.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts