Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had AEM Cam gears installed on my Prelude over a month ago. I haven't driven the car a lot lately because my parents gave me there Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I start up my car I hear a noise from where the Cam gears were installed...at least where the plastic cover was taken off. It sounds live the valves...but I do not hear any knocking. It is more of a humming noise. Is the engine noise that I am hearing supposed to be louder now that the cover is off or do I need a valve adjustment/valve lash adjustment?! Any feedback would be great. Thanks!:confused:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It depends on what kind of noise you are hearing. You WILL hear more engine noise because the vc formerly sealed off the cam gears. You need your valves adjusted every 30K. Plus the sound your valves make when they need to be adjusted is more of a clicking sound. I think you are ok.
Holla at me if you would like instructions on how to adjust your valves.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5th Gen Lude Valvle Adjustment

Ludeboy said:
It depends on what kind of noise you are hearing. You WILL hear more engine noise because the vc formerly sealed off the cam gears. You need your valves adjusted every 30K. Plus the sound your valves make when they need to be adjusted is more of a clicking sound. I think you are ok.
Holla at me if you would like instructions on how to adjust your valves.
Thanks for the info. The link you posted does not work. Can you try to post it again?! Also, my car does not feel like it lost any power...the noise just bothers me. What's the difference between a valve adjustment and adjusting the valve lash?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hmm. link is down, I will try to find an alternate.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
About an hour. It will take you a couple if it is your first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts