Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MGS2:SOL
At Arsenal when the Colonel (Arsenal actually) says, "Turn the game console off"

MGS1
fighting Liquid in hand to hand combat (no weapons) at top of Metal Gear

MGS3:Snake Eater
The fight against The Boss
(honorable mention: fight against The Sorrow)

Soul Reaver 1
"Beating" Kain, only to find out you didn't you have to continue, in a whole 'nother game

·
Registered
643 Posts
- The ending of Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. The surprise ending is pretty cool, plus the game is so hard, beating it feels like you really accomplished something.
- In Castlevania: SOTN, finding out that 100% complete really means only 50% since it's 100% out of a possible 200%!
- In Resident Evil for PS1, the dogs jumping through the windows and chasing you down the hallway, the first time a video game made me jump!
- The death of Aries in FF7. I knew I must really love a game when the death of a character actually made me sad. I actually thought to myself, "wow. I'm gonna miss her."
- In Parappa the Rapper, having a rap battle against a jamaican frog to determine who gets to use the port-a-potty first since we both have to take a huge dump!
- Pretty much any time I play Ferrari F355 Challenge in an arcade. Damn that game is fun!

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adnohrepus said:
- In Resident Evil for PS1, the dogs jumping through the windows and chasing you down the hallway, the first time a video game made me jump!
- Pretty much any time I play Ferrari F355 Challenge in an arcade. Damn that game is fun!
Ah, how could i forget the RE1 dog! Or also the first time you encouter the first zombie in that game!

Ferrari Challenge was soooooooo good. I had it for Dreamcast too, which was an incredible port, but still nothing beats the actual arcade.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
technically this isnt a part of the game but when i pre ordered teh first grand theft auto for the playstation 1 and everyday after teh day i got it for about a week or two, there was probably on average 10 neighboring kids at my house sitting on my parents bed waiting till someone died to pass teh controller and keep playing.

the good old days. then one time i was at a friends and he was explaining how him and this other kid thought up what shoudl be in gta2 and they didnt knwo it was out and everythgin they said liek tanks, and other random stuff were all in it so i had to sneak into my house at 2am to get teh game to show them how cool it was

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
looking down and seeing 80 kills in one round by my flying helicopter and 60 kills by my gunner in BF2

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Super Metroid:
When Mother Brain was gonna finish you off the metroid you knew since it hatched sacrificed itself to save you. It also regenerated your health and gave you the Hyper beam!!!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
- the ending of FF7... the solo battle cloud/sephiroth... especially considering the first time I did it, I didn't have the Omnislash limit... and it gives it to you anyway just to use it there... so my jaw hit the floor and I freaked out.

- MGS1, right after the 2nd boss (raven in the tank) and you go into that nuclear storage building... I'm ducked behind a crate, pressed up against it... and this guard comes over to it, and just stands there next to the crate for what seemed like five fucking minutes... the whole time my heart was beating like crazy cause if you got caught there, the game ended or some shit. I didn't get caught... he just turned around and left... still, crazy shit.

- FF8, I was fighting that Giant Cactuar, trying to beat it so I could get the GF for it... anyway, I fought this motherfucker for no joke, life fourty five goddamn minutes... just for it to run the fuck away. IT RAN THE FUCK AWAY like right before it was dead. So I had to fight it all over again. I was so pissed, I threw my controller at my playstation and screamed for like, fifteen minutes. I ended up having to buy a new controller after that shit... so I couldn't play for a couple days until I got a new one... I was fucking furious... but it was good times looking back on it.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
playing blitz on ps2 against a friend i was winning all game, he came back and was up by 6, last play of the game i returned a 98 yard kickoff and opted for the extra point winning by one point.......... as you can suspect a wrestling match brok out from that one :clap

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.