Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts
Haven't been here in ages, but I like the new section. Here is my toy for this season.

05 Insight - MR2 Performance 3/4 chassis

Both Engine setups developed by Stewart Racing Engines on Gasoline Alley in Indianapolis, IN 317-244-9129

Primary:
ERL Performance Sleeved K24
103 stroke 90 bore
16:1 Wiseco piston
Aluminum rods
Stewart Racing Engines 360cfm aluminum rocker K series Cylinder Head
Ferrea Valvetrain and Crane custom .600+ lift cam
54mm ITBs
5 stage dry sump

Secondary Motor:
Same as above except with 99 stroke and 89.5 bore

Discussion starter · #22 ·
bump....lets keep this going !

250 crank might be feasible, I think your roadblocks with your setup are being undercammed and you need a good header not the stock JDM one. With your setup you're probably cheating yourself out of 10hp just with that header, and with 12:1 c/r you could be running Pro2's instead of regular Stage 2.

But I digress...here's the build I'm getting started on right now which will replace the stock B18B in my 98 hatch:

B20Z block/crank/rods
ARP head studs, main studs, rod bolts
RS Machines 84mm pistons, 11.8 c/r
all new ACL bearings/thrust washers
GSR oil and water pumps
Greddy t-belt
Fidanza flywheel
CFR aluminum underdrive crank pulley

GSR head
SKunk2 original style manifold
AEBS 65mm t/b
JG 296/300VT cams (like a CTR+ profile)
JG gears
Buddy Club springs
Crower steel retainers
fake Mugen valve cover
NGK blue wires

GSR tranny
Mr. Gasket hi-torque starter
chipped P72 ecu

klungemonger said:
250 crank might be feasible, I think your roadblocks with your setup are being undercammed and you need a good header not the stock JDM one. With your setup you're probably cheating yourself out of 10hp just with that header, and with 12:1 c/r you could be running Pro2's instead of regular Stage 2.

But I digress...here's the build I'm getting started on right now which will replace the stock B18B in my 98 hatch:

B20Z block/crank/rods
GSR oil and water pumps
Greddy t-belt
Fidanza flywheel

GSR head
AEBS 65mm t/b
JG gears
Buddy Club springs
Crower steel retainers
fake Mugen valve cover
NGK blue wires

GSR tranny
chipped P72 ecu

to make max power out of that setup, your goin to need a bigger...infact a way bigger cam profile then what ur running a stage 2 of any cam really should do u nicely, you have way too much compression to be running a almost stock oem cam.

bottom end
stock b16a2

head
supertech dual valve springs
supertech titanium retainers
supertech bronze valve guides
arp head stud kit

Transmission
97 Gsr tranny
stage 3 clutch
act flywheel

Bolt ons
AEBS intake manifold
focuz 4-2-1 header
Custom CAI
MSD coil
Msd power cap
walboro 255 fuel pump
Edelbrock wet kit adjustable 55-75 shot w/ purge

Workin on
t3/t4 turbo kit
hondata s200 w/ boost
aem fuel rail and regulator
dsm 450 injectors
skunk 2 stage 2 cams and adjustable cam gears

hoping for 300 whp on 10-12 psi
let me know what you think

klungemonger said:

B20Z block/crank/rods
GSR oil and water pumps
Greddy t-belt
Fidanza flywheel

GSR head
AEBS 65mm t/b
JG gears
Buddy Club springs
Crower steel retainers
fake Mugen valve cover
NGK blue wires

GSR tranny
chipped P72 ecu
Oh for sure, I'll be upgrading to the pro 2's shortly, when I drop the motor again for some more headwork.

jdmcivic2000 said:
bottom end
stock b16a2

head
arp head stud kit

Transmission
97 Gsr tranny
stage 3 clutch
act flywheel

Bolt ons
AEBS intake manifold
focuz 4-2-1 header
Custom CAI
MSD coil
Msd power cap
walboro 255 fuel pump

Workin on
t3/t4 turbo kit
hondata s200 w/ boost
dsm 450 injectors

possible...

9400rpms said:
to make max power out of that setup, your goin to need a bigger...infact a way bigger cam profile then what ur running a stage 2 of any cam really should do u nicely, you have way too much compression to be running a almost stock oem cam.
I know, when I bought these I got a smoking deal & they were advertised as being JG 308/316 cams which are almost like Crower stage 3. But the guy didn't know what he had and they are much milder. They have basically the duration of CTR but higher lift. I ended up getting a partial refund and keeping the cams.

I didn't want to go this high with the c/r, I was going to keep the stock PHK pistons which would give me around 10.1 c/r with the GSR head then these would have been nice, but when I learned I'd have to machine the pistons for valve clearance I said forget it and got the RS Machines pistons which only come in one compression ratio. I also thought it would be safer to keep the stock rod/sleeve B20 block in the 8500-ish range.

There was someone on HT who wanted to trade some S2 stage 2 cams for a set of ITR or CTR cams for a turbo setup. I was trying to talk him into trading for these but for some reason he was bent on only OEM so that didn't work out. I know I could go even bigger but I'm kind of broke and real hot cams everyone wants are hard to find good deals on. :(

klungemonger said:
I know, when I bought these I got a smoking deal & they were advertised as being JG 308/316 cams which are almost like Crower stage 3. But the guy didn't know what he had and they are much milder. They have basically the duration of CTR but higher lift. I ended up getting a partial refund and keeping the cams.

I didn't want to go this high with the c/r, I was going to keep the stock PHK pistons which would give me around 10.1 c/r with the GSR head then these would have been nice, but when I learned I'd have to machine the pistons for valve clearance I said forget it and got the RS Machines pistons which only come in one compression ratio. I also thought it would be safer to keep the stock rod/sleeve B20 block in the 8500-ish range.

There was someone on HT who wanted to trade some S2 stage 2 cams for a set of ITR or CTR cams for a turbo setup. I was trying to talk him into trading for these but for some reason he was bent on only OEM so that didn't work out. I know I could go even bigger but I'm kind of broke and real hot cams everyone wants are hard to find good deals on. :(

how deep are ur pockets, a local guy is selling his pro2's for 700 brand spanking new.

9400rpms said:
how deep are ur pockets, a local guy is selling his pro2's for 700 brand spanking new.
Pockets are much, much shallower than that. I'm unemployed at the moment, not to mention right before I lost my job I got scammed out of $670 which I never recovered from. So there's the cams right there. I'd love a set of Pro2's. But isn't that what they cost from Skunk anyways? And is the cam trade-in policy still going on? The credit to trade up any aftermarket cams to purchase Sk2 cams is more than I can sell these for...if the offer is still going on. But I'm still too broke for that even.

klungemonger said:
Pockets are much, much shallower than that. I'm unemployed at the moment, not to mention right before I lost my job I got scammed out of $670 which I never recovered from. So there's the cams right there. I'd love a set of Pro2's. But isn't that what they cost from Skunk anyways? And is the cam trade-in policy still going on? The credit to trade up any aftermarket cams to purchase Sk2 cams is more than I can sell these for...if the offer is still going on. But I'm still too broke for that even.
Naw I don't think it's still going on onless they moved it to a different section of the site. But the cam's are 748

Ok my turn, nothing fancey, here goes
jdm h22,
port and polished head
crower stage2 cams and springs with ti-retainers
super-tech flatface valves
denso iridum plugs
ngk wires
lightened flywheel,
walbro 255 fuel pump,
koyo radiater

klungemonger said:
Sorry to hear about the loss, if u need someone to beat that ass with give me a holla, i'm very good at playing collection agency..ftw!!

any who i'll keep eyes out, HT usually has great used cam sales..

9400rpms said:
Sorry to hear about the loss, if u need someone to beat that ass with give me a holla, i'm very good at playing collection agency..ftw!!

any who i'll keep eyes out, HT usually has great used cam sales..
haha, I'm still hoping to resolve with non-violent means. He keeps saying he's going to refund me but he just needs to sell a couple things to raise money. Been a while so we'll see if he makes good or not.
Yeah I'll keep peeping HT, I'm patient so I may score a good deal...

I checked, that Skunk2 cam offer is dead now.

9400rpms said:
Are they still in the box, never opened? Are they B-series cams? B18C5

*BLOCK*
JDM B18c block
Benson Sleeves .20 overbore
ITR pistons
ITR rods/crank
Line honed, balanced, blueprinted with Honda bearings by Bubba @ Do-it Dyno

*HEAD*
GSR head
P&P, 3 angle valve job, By Tom @ Portflow
Skunk 2 Stage 2 Cams
Supertech valvesprins and Ti retainers

*AIR INDUCTION*
Skunk 2 Intake manifold
ITR Throttlebody
AEM Shortram, AEM dryflow filter

*EXHAUST*
DC JDM 4-1 2.5 inch collector
2.5 ince pipe straight weld to collector (cat erase)
2.5 ince straight through magnaflow muffler

*IGNITION*
MSD wires
NGK V-power Plugs
otherwise Stock

*FUEL SYSTEM*
100% STOCK

*DRIVETRAIN*
Hyperclutch stage 1
B16 Tranny w/ type R LSD

*TUNING*
Dyno tuned on Crome by Shawn Church @ church Automotive Testing

*POWER*
211 @ 9000
1/4 mile : YTBD

*BEST PART*
PASSED CALIFORNIA SMOG REFEREE!! Got my BAR sticker baby. Fuck the police.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
jdmcivic2000 said:
bottom end
stock b16a2

head
arp head stud kit

Transmission
97 Gsr tranny
stage 3 clutch
act flywheel

Bolt ons
AEBS intake manifold
focuz 4-2-1 header
Custom CAI
MSD coil
Msd power cap
walboro 255 fuel pump

Workin on
t3/t4 turbo kit
hondata s200 w/ boost
dsm 450 injectors

hold on............this is an all motor thread first of all...but your gonna run s2s2s with 10 to 12 psi AND a 50 shot on a stock bottom end
? that thing is gonna pop plus why would u want all motor cams for this kind of setup? you will have crazy valve overlap with that duration

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.