Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts
ek9wannabe said:
hold on............this is an all motor thread first of all...but your gonna run s2s2s with 10 to 12 psi AND a 50 shot on a stock bottom end
? that thing is gonna pop plus why would u want all motor cams for this kind of setup? you will have crazy valve overlap with that duration

you'd be suprisied..
all motor cams are becoming more and more common with the turbo/sc guys, i actually have a few cars i have tuned with stage 1 cams, or stage 2 all motor cams, the intake is retarded 1/2 degress but the car makes sick powa..
I was actually considering running all motor cams with a supercharge setup..i know the whole lift / durationg thing but these cams work with force induction..dont ask me why i just have seen results..but i do agree with u now, a stock bottem end will pop..if he plans on running what he says..lol

Discussion starter · #42 ·
but why not just get turbo cams wich have plenty of LIFT instead of alot of duration...id have to see s2s2s w/ boost to be a beliver that it would be beneficial

klungemonger said:
Because high RPM's require at least some greater degree of duration & overlap regardless of whether you're n/a or f/i.
+1 one, also search..when i finally get my school loans, and cc's paided off with my income..i should have enough roughly to SC my r..when i do, i will be keeping the s2s2 cams in the car..i'll be happy to show everything no matter what, if u can tune you've got it made.

Blah this will be my future setup so im not too worried

Motor
JDM B18c
Stock Bore 81.00MM
CTR pistons
JDM rods
Stock Crank
Fully balanced

Tranny/Drivetrain:
Exedy Stage 2 Clutch 3 Puck sprung
8lb Exedy Flywheel
JDM Final drive (Wayyy future not tooo worried about this)

Type R Head:
Port and Polish five angle valve job
Rocket Motor Sports Valves/Springs/Retainers
Toda Spec C's/Jun Stg 3/Skunk Pro 2's/ Buddy Club 4's or RM M24x

Bolt Ons:
ITB's
Hytech or SMSP headers
Full 2.5 exhaust all the way back with a resonator

Fuel:
255 LPH Walbro
310 Injectors
Tuned on Chrome Pro

With a 2 layer head gasket and stock Piston to deck im shooting for a 11.4-11.6 CR but if i have to i wont get too agressive with the cams and try to go ahead and get more higher CR pistons. Then again this goes back to boring, and then sleeving to be safe. But thats just a stock setup to me. Shooting for around 220-230 tuned id be happy

Current setup:
Pretty much the same as above, just some certain differences :D Currently in work though, because i lost pressure in cylinder four due to a piston ring gone bad so its under the car cover and the car is under the knife at the moment wont be up for a good minute.

Some Assembly REQUIRED coming to a street near you :rolleyes

come on. there has to be more H builds

Discussion starter · #52 ·
update

is just received my buddy club spec4s in the mail, and i ordered a header from an-r the same day so it should b here soon(i got the b sereies header w/ the street collector) :clappy :number1 will post pix whenever i get time

shaolin_style said:
*BLOCK*
JDM B18c block
Benson Sleeves .20 overbore
ITR pistons
ITR rods/crank
Line honed, balanced, blueprinted with Honda bearings by Bubba @ Do-it Dyno

*HEAD*
GSR head
P&P, 3 angle valve job, By Tom @ Portflow
Skunk 2 Stage 2 Cams
Supertech valvesprins and Ti retainers

*AIR INDUCTION*
Skunk 2 Intake manifold
ITR Throttlebody
AEM Shortram, AEM dryflow filter

*EXHAUST*
DC JDM 4-1 2.5 inch collector
2.5 ince pipe straight weld to collector (cat erase)
2.5 ince straight through magnaflow muffler

*IGNITION*
MSD wires
NGK V-power Plugs
otherwise Stock

*FUEL SYSTEM*
100% STOCK

*DRIVETRAIN*
Hyperclutch stage 1
B16 Tranny w/ type R LSD

*TUNING*
Dyno tuned on Crome by Shawn Church @ church Automotive Testing

*POWER*
211 @ 9000
1/4 mile : YTBD

*BEST PART*
PASSED CALIFORNIA SMOG REFEREE!! Got my BAR sticker baby. Fuck the police.
How did you pass at the smog ref with no cat and the JDM DC header w/ no carb sticker? I'm amazed that you passed with some of the parts that you have.

Hybrid Fever said:
How did you pass at the smog ref with no cat and the JDM DC header w/ no carb sticker? I'm amazed that you passed with some of the parts that you have.
Put on stock header/cat/muffler/EGR and stock ECU for the day i went. Even with the compression and cams it blew very very clean.

I have a sticker for the header,aem intake,and skunk 2 mani for when the cops look. Its a JDM header but I got the DC CARB sticker from a friend.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
i changed headers, because AN-R didnt change their website to show they no longer have that header....sooo i went w/ RMF..............RMF, FTW son! :number1

ek9wannabe said:
i changed headers, because AN-R didnt change their website to show they no longer have that header....sooo i went w/ RMF..............RMF, FTW son! :number1
my kinda guy ;)

i got alot of stuff coming in for my motor:
f22 crank
kaizenspeed balance shaft elimination kit
H23 timing assembly
another h22 head (this one is complete)

And i talked with randy today about whats going on with my motor and what kinda power im looking at making.
stepped + stainless + polished + custom design = FTW

from here i just need little things like bearings, oil pan, oil pump, water pump, etc.

Still gotta order the Rocket valvetrain. Shouldnt be too long til i can send the head off to mike belben for a full porting and combustion chamber bore increase.

Head: JDM B16A
gsr cams (for now)

Block: B18c1
PR3 pistons
Shot peened GSR rods
ARP rod bolts
ACL race bearings
ARP head bolts
Tranny: GSR
Exedy stage 1 clutch
OEM flywheel

DIY intake (for now)

Exhaust:
Knockoff JDM ITR 4-1 2.5" collector header (for now)
Omni Test Pipe
Greddy Evo2 catback

shaolin_style said:
Put on stock header/cat/muffler/EGR and stock ECU for the day i went. Even with the compression and cams it blew very very clean.

I have a sticker for the header,aem intake,and skunk 2 mani for when the cops look. Its a JDM header but I got the DC CARB sticker from a friend.
You're pretty sneaky. ;)

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.