Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Sorry I changed the title and the wording around a bit, and made it a sticky. I thought this would be a good idea for other people to come to to see what's going on in the SC world.

This way, people can see how much power others are making, what their dynos look like, what times they are pulling in the 1/8 and 1/4, and what bolt-ons or other goodies they have to get them there. I also thought it would be cool to post some setup pics if you have some, and to see what other kindof cars you've killed in a race, preferrably on the track but a street race works too, just as long as it's not directly promoting street racing.

Lastly, it will help some of us help you if you have a performance/troubleshooting question... If we need to know what your setup is in order to answer your question, either you can link us to your post here, or we can come look to see what your setup is before answering your question. That way we don't have to ask all the time, and you don't have to answer the question all the time.

And without further adeiu, here is my previous setup:
*2000 Civic EX coupe with D16Y8 OBDII motor
*JRSC @ 8 PSI + NOS dry kit @ 35 shot
*VAFC + JR Map Controller + Cartech FMU
*2 heat range colder NGK copper racing plugs, Walbro 255LPH high-flow in-tank fuel pump
*DC Sports 4-2-1 1 piece stainless steel header, Carsound high-flow 2.5" cat, 00 SI exhaust
*INJEN 3" shortie w/ Cold Air Extension
*Eibach Pro-kit springs, Tokico Illumna 5-way adjustable shocks, 00 SI rear sway bar.

Car was dynoed at 6 PSI without the following: NOS, colder plugs, Map Controller, Cartech, Injen shortie w/ CAE, and high-flow cat; 145 WHP. I estimate that with 8 PSI, NOS, cartech, colder plugs, and high flow cat, the car could have easily been over 200 WHP.

Car ran 14.8 as a best time at Bandimere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado, at 5830 feet ASL. That was with 8 PSI and spraying a 25 shot on drag radials.

Kills:
2000 Honda Civic SI with exhaust
Lexus IS300
Oldsmobile 442 vert
2003 VW Passat 1.8T
2000 Honda Accord V6
+ too many more to remember

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
exciv2000 said:
Sorry I changed the title and the wording around a bit, and made it a sticky. I thought this would be a good idea for other people to come to to see what's going on in the SC world.

This way, people can see how much power others are making, what their dynos look like, what times they are pulling in the 1/8 and 1/4, and what bolt-ons or other goodies they have to get them there. I also thought it would be cool to post some setup pics if you have some, and to see what other kindof cars you've killed in a race, preferrably on the track but a street race works too, just as long as it's not directly promoting street racing.

Lastly, it will help some of us help you if you have a performance/troubleshooting question... If we need to know what your setup is in order to answer your question, either you can link us to your post here, or we can come look to see what your setup is before answering your question. That way we don't have to ask all the time, and you don't have to answer the question all the time.

And without further adeiu, here is my previous setup:
*2000 Civic EX coupe with D16Y8 OBDII motor
*JRSC @ 8 PSI + NOS dry kit @ 35 shot
*VAFC + JR Map Controller + Cartech FMU
*2 heat range colder NGK copper racing plugs, Walbro 255LPH high-flow in-tank fuel pump
*DC Sports 4-2-1 1 piece stainless steel header, Carsound high-flow 2.5" cat, 00 SI exhaust
*INJEN 3" shortie w/ Cold Air Extension
*Eibach Pro-kit springs, Tokico Illumna 5-way adjustable shocks, 00 SI rear sway bar.

Car was dynoed at 6 PSI without the following: NOS, colder plugs, Map Controller, Cartech, Injen shortie w/ CAE, and high-flow cat; 145 WHP. I estimate that with 8 PSI, NOS, cartech, colder plugs, and high flow cat, the car could have easily been over 200 WHP.

Car ran 14.8 as a best time at Bandimere Speedway, Morrison, Colorado, at 5830 feet ASL. That was with 8 PSI and spraying a 25 shot on drag radials.

Kills:
2000 Honda Civic SI with exhaust
Lexus IS300
Oldsmobile 442 vert
2003 VW Passat 1.8T
2000 Honda Accord V6
+ too many more to remember
You ran a 14.8 with 8PSI and a 25 SHOT!!!!???? Damn man, something really must be wrong... What was you HP & TQ on the dyno?

·
Registered
17 Posts
- '95 Integra w/B18CR
- JRSC w/boost upgrade kit(dont know what exact boost I'm at)
- Comptech JR Intake and Icebox
- DC Sports JDM 4-1 one piece header
- Metalit high flow cat (japanese)
- Fujitsubo Power Getter cat-back exhaust
- JR Map Controller, fuel pump, and plugs
- MSD Wires
- JR FMU (<---heard this sucks)
- Mugen thermostat + fan switch

Dynoed last year, 207whp and 143tq. My A/F ratio was waaay too lean, avgeraging 14:1, went as high as almost 16 once. Need to get this dang thing tuned, and change out a few parts as well. Thinking of injectors w/hondata, but kinda pricey.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Never been on a dyno, not sure if I will make it either. For now my car is un-tuned and is still an auto, which sux bad. Working on manual conversion(well getting the parts at least).

Setup

97 Civic EX, D16Y8, OBD2
JRSC boosted to 9 psi
JR Map Controller
JR FMU
Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
B&M FPR
NGK one step colder plugs
AirMass 4-2-1 2 piece header
2.5" Test pipe, 2.5" stainless catback (Tsudo)
OmniPower EK Street Full Coilover suspension
Nuespeed Front Tower Brace
Cusotm Powdercoated Valve cover <~~~Good for at least 5 ponies :D

Kills:
98 GSR w/ exhaust only
04 Stock RSX
99 Integra I/H/E
90 Acura Legend V6 I/E
04 Civic EX mods unknown

SOHCHonda power :number1

·
Registered
22 Posts
1994 Acura Integra LS AUTOMATIC
JRSC 6psi/9psi 9psi with MVM pulley
OBX headers
AEM short ram intake
Custom Exhaust with Type R muffler
JR map controller
6psi(currently) 142whp 117wtq
9psi 171whp 156wtq

havent raced anything yet with this setup except my friends modded SRT4....that did not go very well for me :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here it goes:
z6 motor
[email protected]
port and polished head
stage 2 turbo cam, crower
crv crank pulley
vafc

I have my dyno sheet in my sig, this was before the head work.
fastest time in phoenix was 14.3 on street tires (bad driver) getting better
I've won some and lost some.

kill all civic Si 2000-2007
mustang 5.0
civic hatch with b16 swaps
mustang GT
GSR and type R integra

check this out http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/dominator/ mugen supercharger k20 300 hp :D :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a 96 ex d16y8 w/ jrsc
dynoed 170whp 135ftq @ 8 psi
hondata
550cc injectors
Header and CAI
Now:
@ 10 psi
Port and polished head
Test pipe (no cat)
2.25 exhaust
Thermotec intake and header heat wrap
Going to have it tuned a little more aggressive this time because i dont drive it as much, so hopefully i'll be around 200-210whp

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just got done dyno tuning yesterday. 2 hours of dyno tuning was done, mostly to get the car running smoothly. I asked for power gains in the low end and midrange areas since it I dont race. Some peak hp was lost and some tq was gained around midrange. Im waiting for a new scanner at work to scan the dyno sheet.

173 whp at 7000 rpm
146 tq at 4000 rpm

95 integra LS
Jrsc 6psi
Comptech icebox,stock intake arm and 5 year old k&n filter (I will be changing this soon)
DC 4-2-1 header
Carsound 2.25 hi-flow cat
Comptech exhaust catback
walbro 255 lph
Ngk 1 step colder plugs
Hondata s200
RC 440cc injectors
Hondata manifold gasket
Koyo race radiator

My scanners not working so I took a pic for now.
The TQ graph goes in increments of 5
and the HP goes by 10

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honda civic siR 2000 (Mexico=Canada version)
B16A2
[email protected]
JR boost upgrade 1(Crank pulley, cold plugs, thermostat)
JR BTC
JR VPAC
Kamikaze Headers 2.5 collector
AEM CAI
2" cat back
B&M Oil Cooler
ENJO Motor Mounts
Fan Switch/Thermostat
Accel Wires
Spec Stage III clutch

soon to be installed:
Water/Methanol Injection
Fuel cooling can
Liteweight Flywheel

No dyno Info but i have smoked:
Mustangs
Jetta 1.8t (w/ revo, FMIC, BOV,DP,Catback)
Audi tt
Volvo s40t
volvo s60t
350z
Seat Leon
and much more....
o and catched up a modena 360 in the first 2 gears......after he smoked me hehehehehehe.....

Dont have any 1/4mile times because i don't like drag strip.......

·
Registered
12 Posts
str8

247whp, 178lbft JRSC 2.0 GSR EK HATCH last time it was dynoed. Anxiously waiting to get it back from the shop, recently got head work and upped the boost. I should get it next week if everything goes well.....

·
Registered
69 Posts
300 whp 225wtq stroked B18C1(2.0 L)
14 psi w/hondata s200
12.5 @ 116 BFG'S

·
Registered
69 Posts
update

new Endyn blower mods.....15psi and much lower intake temps
750 cc injectors and 3 bar map sensor coming
motor being rebuilt again w/ cp pistons...will increase bore to 82mm
75 wet shot.....425 whp :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
With the current setup I think my hp is near 220-230, the dyno sheet below was on 9 lbs with stock header/cat.

(mileage ~170,000)
fastest ET: [email protected] (my excuse - tall tires, 185-60-15, n hot summer day)
10 lbs currently
hondata s100
Hondata IM gasket
kamikaze header 2.5'' coll.
2.5'' magnaflow cat
apexi cat back (almost 2.5'')
short ram intake
GM 3 bar map
oil catch can
160 deg therm
prelude 340 cc injectors(h22)
walbro 255 fp
ngk blue wires
ngk colder plugs
exedy organic race clutch

I think the main reason I'm not making more hp and running quicker ET's is the mileage of the motor, it smokes fairly bad and is in need of a rebuild. I know a few of the valve seals leak and I'm sure the rings are pretty bad.

dynoed at 9 lbs (boost leak/slipping belt) with stock header/cat - 209 whp/150 wtq

·
Registered
303 Posts
Well kids...I just got back from the dyno and here are the results:

As you all may noticed I did not get my goal of 215 whp. However, I can work with this just fine. I can't believe how hard this thing pulls now. Even with the LSD it is hard to catch traction in first. I guess the ES 100s need to go. The torque curve is just so damn flat. So, while it makes 206 whp, it is the 173 ft/lbs that throw you back and boy does it. The nice thing is that 150 of those ft/lbs are available @ 2500.I was not able to rev it up as high as I had hoped but it is the stock cams that did me in there. There was no point reving the piss out of it and we set the rev limiter to 7200
Jim [email protected] Motorvations Motorsports in Trussville, AL did the tuning and what a great tuner he is. Hell...the base map he made up made 199 WHP on the first run. But, I guess when you specialize in Honda/Acura JRSC/turbo stuff you get good after a while. He does NA work too. If you want a build/work done/tuning, I highly recommend him. Lastly..she idles better than stock and part throttle is wonderful. The A/F ratio line is really flat too. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!
FYI: for my set up see: http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286288

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am a new member to the site and i saw that you had a supercharged thread.

I have a 92 honda hactchback
D16 Y8 bottom end
D16 z6 head
Jrsc 9 psi
160 deg term
440 cc RC injectors
Comp cams cam stage 2
Comp cams valve sping and retaniers
port and polished head
ACT stage 3 clutch
walbo 255 fuel pump
B&M fuel pressure regulator
B&M fuel pressure gauge
cold air intake
gsr throtle body
MSD ignition
MSD external coil
NGK 1 step colder plugs
DC header 4-2-1
obx high flow cat
3" exhaust from header back
Gready E manage (tuned)
Apexi Vafc
Vortex fmu
drag radials
Aluminum radiator

I have not figured out how to put pics on the site yet
if you know how please tell me thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lets get some numbers and try Photobucket.com. Sounds nice so far.

·
Registered
295 Posts
95 CX Civic hatch
B18B motor stock
GS-R Transmission
jrsc @ 10psi
holley in-tank fuel pump
Intake made from plumbing pipes! lol
and ractive headers (they're not that bad)
and a borla catback

1/4 mile 14.4 sec (could have done better, i choked)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts