Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all those who have a question about posting pictures and placing pictures in your signature :cool:

Thanx to Ludeboy for this:

Okay, since the question comes up so much I will post a thread and place it in FAQS. If you want to know how to post up a pic, read on.

Okay, how to post pics.

First you need to get them on your computer.
You can use a digital camera or a scanner. Or if you do not have either of these, you can go to Walgreens or Walmart and get them processed digitally. They will give you a CD that has the pics on it. Cost is minimal.

Then you will need to upload them to a server such as www.fototime.com . I reccomend you go there and sign up for a free trial for 30 days. Or you can buy a whole year for 20 bucks and get all the space you will ever need. Once you are signed up, you can load up the pics from your computer onto the fototime server. Then you simply click on the pic, and click on "link". Then it gives you a url.

To show your pic on the board, you must link it to img code like this:

[ i m g ] the url of your pic with no spaces [ / i m g ]

·
Registered
952 Posts
what if u just want to take a picture off the internet?

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IDreamIn_TypeR said:
what if u just want to take a picture off the internet?
right click on the picture and click on properties...then highlight the properties and copy and put the img's around it :)

·
Registered
952 Posts
Danman1116 said:

right click on the picture and click on properties...then highlight the properties and copy and put the img's around it :)
When I do that it comes up as the little picture symbol (u know, like when a page is loading) but it never comes up

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 SLOW 4 SHO said:
you gotta make the img's together, not spaced out...and don't do sig tests please... :eek:

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lazyassbrian said:
deleting... :rolleyes: no sig tests...read RULES/FAQ's

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exzeltus said:
Is posting a pic in you sig the same as posting flash animation and other stuff?
postin pix-those are jpeg's and just requie a simple host like digitalpose or something like that
flash animation-those are .gif's and hosts like digitalpose only host jpeg's so you'd have to find a friend or something of urs that would host it for ya

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
IDreamIn_TypeR said:
When I do that it comes up as the little picture symbol (u know, like when a page is loading) but it never comes up
try right clicking and "copy image location" then come back here and do the

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RuEnOx said:
my pic is already on the internet somewhere... y can't i link that shit? someone pleaseeeee help me
the site that your getting your pics from might not allow linking to other sites...you might want to find a host like www.digitalpose.com or www.imagestation.com and put your pics on there and then you'll be able to link from one of those sites

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 36 Posts