Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did the foglight conversion using a 1157 bulb socket. I changed my front blinker to where my corner lights are. I did this by running the blinker wire (+) to the corner light. Everything works fine, my bumper lights stay on all the time, and my corner lights now blink when i signal. However, i have the dreaded "hyper blinker" issue. I made the 100K potentiometer from cryogens website to help get my blinkers back to blinking normally, but it didnt help. When i turn the potentiometer dial to lowest setting the blinker still blinks fast as if i never installed the potentiometer, on the highest setting the blinkers blink so fast that it looks as if the blinkers are constantly on. Should i go with a 1M ohm potentiometer or what other options do i have to fix the blinking problem? My corner lights use 168 bulbs which are rated at 7watts(i think) and the original blinkers were rated at 21 or 27watts(7440 socket) i believe.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
what i was going to say, you need some more resistance. i got a 100k potentiometer and a 100k ohm resistor inline and i can blink slower than stock if i wanted to.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
It hyperflashes because you did the conversion wrong.
Clip the positive ON wire from the FRONT corner bulb. Tie the REAR corner bulb to that now clipped positive wire.
Run the positive ON wire to the 1157 always on wire and tie those together.
Everything else stays same.
Now when u turn on, the corners will be linked together and not hyper flash.
The bumpers will be on because of that one constant and your blinker in the bumper will still work properly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts