Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF...the other day i came out to my car and noticed that the power antenna didn't go down...broke!!!

i was thinking of getting an aftermarket one but not sure what will fit. did anybody replace their antenna with one of those short stubby antennas. if so, what brand and about how much?

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
most tegs are going with the s200 antennas, they cost like 30 bux and u can get it at the dealer, some sites have em cheaper so shop around.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is a good thread about it. The guy I bought my conversion kit from is Chris and his e-mail is posted on the third page of that thread. You might want to run a search next time because this topic has been covered a lot.

·
Registered
311 Posts

Dude just get the Dukes of Hazzard Antenna!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
x3mhonda said:
most tegs are going with the s200 antennas, they cost like 30 bux and u can get it at the dealer, some sites have em cheaper so shop around.
ask Rufus...hes done it...or Randyman.

It looks good, and they say you get better reception than the old totem pole kind antenna:)

·
Registered
13,201 Posts

Here's integra with the S2000 antenna. It looks good and doens't cost you too much $30 at the most.

Jason

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nguyen said:

Here's integra with the S2000 antenna. It looks good and doens't cost you too much $30 at the most.

Jason
just out of curiosity, I know this if off topic but what kit is that on your teg it looks awesome. I just want skirting, front skirt, sides, and rear, I don't want something all crazy...

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Integra2000LS said:
just out of curiosity, I know this if off topic but what kit is that on your teg it looks awesome. I just want skirting, front skirt, sides, and rear, I don't want something all crazy...
Yeah just as Jayman said its the Wings West RS Type II kit, but problem is I believe they only made them for 94-97 Integras. Since your front bumper is different you won't be able to get them on your car. They make hte Type W kit which is similar, only thing different is the front bumper...

Jayman has the same kit on his car, but his is a 4-door, I personally love a sedan..my first teg was a sedan...sedan sleeper yummy....thats jay's car right there....

Jason

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nguyen said:
Yeah just as Jayman said its the Wings West RS Type II kit, but problem is I believe they only made them for 94-97 Integras. Since your front bumper is different you won't be able to get them on your car. They make hte Type W kit which is similar, only thing different is the front bumper...

Jayman has the same kit on his car, but his is a 4-door, I personally love a sedan..my first teg was a sedan...sedan sleeper yummy....thats jay's car right there....

Jason
Yeah thats the kit I think I'm going to end up getting is the W-type kit. I can get it from wings west for like 400 bucks so that's not to bad a price. I just want something simple and clean looking, no gaudy kits that look like they may try to eat people.

·
Registered
2 Posts
S2000 antenna

Just out of curiosity, because my antenna broke too, how is the reception on those S2000 antennas. I heard its not as good as stock teg antennas.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Re: S2000 antenna

B18badboy said:
Just out of curiosity, because my antenna broke too, how is the reception on those S2000 antennas. I heard its not as good as stock teg antennas.
There isn't much of a difference in reception. In fact I probably couldn't tell much of a difference. The only way that you might come with a problem is that you fail to connect the antenna wire with the new antenna correctly and that would create some problems. I think its a good little project you can do that won't cost you more then $30, and makes your car not look like a toy race car. :p :p

Jason

·
Registered
2 Posts
S2000 antenna

thanx man, ill probably pick one up this week, im gettin tired of pullin the antenna up myself when i want to listen to the radio, by the way ur teg looks sick with that kit on it. Peace

Andrew

·
Registered
519 Posts
Were is the antenna on a 2001 civic coupe, and what kinda antenna is it??? This is for a buddy of mine who wants to buy a newer civic and he's just weird about this sort of thing and wants to know about the antenna???

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine got stuck all the way up, and wouldnt go down, the mast was stuck, so they replaced it (155 $ cad, u can do the math to convert it to usa) and i didnt have to pay for it, so its all good, sorta wished i had gone with an s2000 antenna, but oh well..
and yea i love that body kit, one of my future mods (ahhh money, if only i had more...)
Alex

1 - 20 of 21 Posts