Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Ive asked this question so many time before but noone can seem to answer it.
Where does the vacuum pipe that exits the power assistance drum on the brake system go when the engine is running on a forced induction system? Be it turbo or supercharger. Normally they just run into the intake manifold where the vacuum off the running engine obviously assists in braking.
Ive seen on the VW Golf TDI that there's a little compressor like thing attached to the cam wich exits the valve cover to wich this vacuum line is connected. Much the same goes for another diesel turbo'd pickup, where the alternator's main shaft exits at the back of its housing and attaches to another compressor pum thing to build a vacuum in the brake system.

Pleeeeez help if anyone can.
Thanx, cheers!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.