Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!!! A couple weeks ago my power door locks stopped working. See I live in Idaho and when it got cold they started sticking and the drivers side wouldn't pop up all the way. I have an Ungo car alarm which has keyless entry. Anyway, they totally stopped working now. So, hoping it was my alarm, I had the guys that installed it take a look and they said it wasn't the alarm, they said it was the door lock module and I would have to get that from Honda. DAMN!!! So my questions are, can I get a used module of another honda: older civic, accord, crv, prelude? Are they all interchangable? Where is it located at in my car? In the door, under the dash? Would it be hard for me to install? At Schucks they asked me which door it was in and I say the drivers side because that is the main one and it controls all of the rest. so what do you guys think? Please help, it sucks being cold out and having to get my key out especially in the dark cuz I keep scratching my car, Damn I sound like a whiner ;).
Thanx for all your help
L.

·
Registered
28 Posts
here's an idea

just get it from another civic..6g (96-00) and the actulators are located right by the door locks inside the door. I dont think they're interchangable...i may be wrong but stick with civic cause you have a civic. dont buy it brand new costs way too much!! did you check your power locks control unit? it's located under the dash bolted on the left side right on the chasiss and it's white about 4"x5"...try that one...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts