Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,685 Posts
A PS2 will not tax your electrical system very much at all. Unless you're running a ton of power to your stereo your stock alternator will be fine. I have a PS2 in mine and it doesn't draw much power at all, so I would not be concerned with it.

· Registered
10 Posts
Generally you want to keep your alternator stock (if possible), if you have a lot of other things running (neons, 800W+ audio, fogs, etc.) you may have to get a larger one so you equipment isn't under powered. If you need one, you will notice it, especially if you have it all on (audio + headlights + AC/Heater), you will notice your headlights dimming or line noise on a clean install. (I'm assuming all audio is capped). That's when you should look to get a higher power alternator. Just remember that they cost around $500, and all that power going to the accessories = less hp in your car. If you change your alternator you will take away some power, even when everything is off.

· Registered
1,685 Posts
Just remember that they cost around $500,
Actually, there is a company called AlterStart, I believe from Texas, who makes alternators for Hondas that usually will run you less than 200 beans for a 130+ amp unit. They are direct replacements and drop right in, no modification necessary. www.alterstart.com

· Registered
3,194 Posts
Alterstart also does ebay sales. Sometimes you can sneak away with a killer deal. That's where I got my 180amp alternator from. Works like a charm. Love it...

It depends on how much juice your stock alternator can put out though. He just rebrushes, and changed the components inside a stock alternator housing to make it pump out much more juice. The higher the stock juice, the higher he can push it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.