Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so i put in my new Exedy Stage 1 clutch and ACT flywheel. Ive been driving the car around...and i feel a power loss...before i took the old clutch out..the car def pulled alittle harder..wuts the problem here?

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Are you taking it easy on the new clutch like you are sopose to, or are you out beating on it like a retard, if you picked option number 2 then your new clutch is probably slipping

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
jbird17soccer said:
okay so i put in my new Exedy Stage 1 clutch and ACT flywheel. Ive been driving the car around...and i feel a power loss...before i took the old clutch out..the car def pulled alittle harder..wuts the problem here?

lighter flywheel = less inertia = less bottom end torque. simple physics. learn it. use it.

edit: btw, this was covered in an article i wrote a few years ago which is posted in the stickies :rolleyes

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay...first of all im not beating on it...i can feel a power loss top end...cause i brought the revs up alittle but didnt shift hard...second of all...im talking about top end..when im in boost...i dont feel the pull like i did when my old clutch and flywheel was in. Not its not slipping

·
Registered
478 Posts
jbird17soccer said:
okay...first of all im not beating on it...i can feel a power loss top end...cause i brought the revs up alittle but didnt shift hard...second of all...im talking about top end..when im in boost...i dont feel the pull like i did when my old clutch and flywheel was in. Not its not slipping
If its not slipping, then its not the clutch. But you need to have some real measurement, like a dyno, or 1/4 mile time. The butt dyno isnt always so accurate...

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
same shit...you don't feel power....you feel torque.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
when it comes to break-in...there are two schools of thought...beat on it, or be granny on it. both seem to work, so i stay away from that kind of thinking all together.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I cant see how the clutch would effect HP? .. maybe the flywheel .. but I donno about the clutch .. whats the weight on the flywheel? it could be your not used to the new effects of the lightened flywheel like someone mentioned. An OEM flywheel .. once it it spinning .. the weight keeps it spinning hard even off the gas .. with the ligthweight unit .. if your off the gas even for a second it can seem like its slowing down pretty quickly ..

Everything sounds ok tho right? no strange noises at all?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts