Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was driving my 00 ex and as I was in second gear running it up right about the time the vtec engages I had a sudden loss of power almost like the motor bogged out around 5500rpms....I have a check engine code on for an iac which I am sure is not related because at that rpms the iac isn't even on then. I also drove it today and it was doing the same thing at other random rpms....dropping all the way from 4000rpm to 1000rpm almost like the rev limiters that kick in at 128 and take you back to 110 or so. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas....I ran through a few tests at work today. Not throwing any codes other than the iac. Vaccum is good. Gonna check the fuel system tommorow and maybe the timing....but besdies that has anyone else run into this problem maybe you could have some suggestions. Also at idle engine is fine no problems at all...its just when the car is being driven...Ok thats enough. Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
man, your sig is waaaay huge...u really need to lose 1 of those pictures...

now, have you checked your oil? make sure its up to par, not sure that it would drop your rpm's like that, but low oil will inhibit vtec from kicking in.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that was the first thing I checked.....but you know whats really funny is I found the problem today....checked timing and a few other things ended up I put a thing of fuel treatment in and filled up the tank with some gas and it fixed the problem so there was probably water in that gas....kinda funny....now I just have this insane sound coming from under the car when I get on up in rpms think its just the head shield on the cat though...not a hard fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.