Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my power steering has been leakin for the past year rite so i just keep on refillin it and i havnt fixed it.. but recently my steering wheel has started to feel like it's locking to one direction so it'll feel like it's turning by itself and i'd have to turn the opposite way to get it out of the lock. Like i can drive straight still but it feels like someone is turning for me the other way sometimes. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
Your car needs aligned or your rack might be bad.
This hardly ever happens but sometimes you can get a power steering pull.
To determine if this is the problem just get the front wheels off the ground and start the car, if the wheel turns to the left or the right by itself then you need to replace the rack.
But I would guess that you just need an alignment, have you checked your tires for uneven ware?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry i think i was a little misleading... like sometimes i can drive and let go of the wheel and it'll go straight so i dont think it's the alignment.. but like when i turn sometimes it'll just turn for me hella fast and lock in that direction until i turn all the way to one direction to unlock it.. and while it's locked it takes hella muscle to keep it straight and stuff.. i think the wear is okay..

how much is it to fix it on average if it's the rack?

thanks for your help in advance

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.