Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn my lights on my clock goes dim my A/C lights and such go dim and now the whole bottom row where you change the airflow settings doesnt light up anymore......I'm not a big electrical guy so any ideas?

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Ok, I know for a fact the interior lights are supposed to go dim when you turn your lights one... but I didn't know the climate control had lights....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.... i swear the whole bottom row of buttons lit up when I bought the car and then i noticed they stopped working, at least i think they did unless they never lit up to begin with................

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
AntipoSItivE said:
.... i swear the whole bottom row of buttons lit up when I bought the car and then i noticed they stopped working, at least i think they did unless they never lit up to begin with................
I don't have a CRX but I'm going through the same prob....It might be a wiring issue. (Does it sometimes come on whenever it feels like it?) I'll eventually will get around to fixing it. But I'm lazy right now :yawn :lol

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Nope - ur WRONG. They are SUPPOSED to go dim like that. Its like this:

Headlights OFF - daytime, therefore the clock and the interior lights will be BRIGHTER easier to see

Headlights ON - nighttime, therefore the clock and the interior lights will be DIMMER easier to see - too BRIGHT and it will just be kind of distorted or too bright to begin with.

This is my assumption and my 88' Si does it, too but I have no wiring problems so I am assuming it is supposed to be this way I thought it was a little weird myself. But no worries we are all in the same boat. Although I am sure there is someone on here that has modified it to be on all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts