Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to 12" L7's and was wondering if anyone ran a single bd1000.1 or a Kicker 1200.1 to them and how they sounded. What kinda dbs did you hit and does anyone have some amps for sale. Thanks

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i had one with a massive audio 1000 watt amp and i did 148 on the dash 150 usac. more than 1000 watts didnt do much. when i hooked up 2 of the amps to an L7 i hit 148.6 with everything else the same. Box design is the key.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
acuradriva said:
i had one with a massive audio 1000 watt amp and i did 148 on the dash 150 usac. more than 1000 watts didnt do much. when i hooked up 2 of the amps to an L7 i hit 148.6 with everything else the same. Box design is the key.
You need a really big box for each sub. My cousin has two 15" l7's on a MA audio 1700 or somethin like that. He's pushin 700 rms to each sub and it hits so hard its retarded. im sure 1000 watts on two 12's in a proper size box would it 140.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Prelude94' said:
You need a really big box for each sub. My cousin has two 15" l7's on a MA audio 1700 or somethin like that. He's pushin 700 rms to each sub and it hits so hard its retarded. im sure 1000 watts on two 12's in a proper size box would it 140.
we are all talking about one 12" not two.

·
Registered
936 Posts
What kind of box are you using? I'm running one 12" L7 is a poorly manufactured vented box. I am looking to get a new one off the user Csuho on this board, but first i need to get my car fixed. :bh

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
the 12L7's do good with anywhere from 700rms to 1500rms,the subs can take a beating and as said above they like big boxes.I'd go 3 cu ft ported tuned to 35hz with 800/900rms

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
csuho said:
35hz is too high u gotta go sub 30hz range for real fun :)

i need a car to play with.
did you get my pm?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i97supratti said:
What kind of box are you using? I'm running one 12" L7 is a poorly manufactured vented box. I am looking to get a new one off the user Csuho on this board, but first i need to get my car fixed. :bh
a 3 cuft ported box

·
Registered
936 Posts
So what kind of amp should a 15" L7 use? I got a 1000 watt amp with my 12" L7, but i am trying to sell the 12". I want to buy a 15" L7, and a better box. Would i be able to keep the same amp?

·
Registered
189 Posts
that would be as much as i would put on it for daily though not anymore.
u wanna run more per sub i would look into something else.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I have a 12" L7 (the 2005 model) in the kicker sealed hatch box, and i'm pushing it with my kicker KX800.2 bridged (and the sub is dual 2ohm of course so i'm running the vc's in series) and DAMN it hits really hard. My amp's birth certificate (gotta love kicker) rated at 947 watts so I think that amp is plenty for the sub :D

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
csuho said:
dont think so.

oh lil fyi L7 15s don't like 1500watts for daily driving they start to stink real quick.
you probablly have some distortion in there. I ran my 12" with 2k for a few months no problems. i still have the sub.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
acuradriva said:
you probablly have some distortion in there. I ran my 12" with 2k for a few months no problems. i still have the sub.
That maybe true but not everyone knows the limits or how to properly install a system like some of us,also just like modding a car tunning comes into affect with this as well :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
98civic4door said:
That maybe true but not everyone knows the limits or how to properly install a system like some of us,also just like modding a car tunning comes into affect with this as well :)
are u sayin i don't know the limits or how to install properly? humm now. well it wasn't me who did it so i am just passin on what i heard. it was in a prefab box and the amp was a memphis 1500d.

but i am not a kicker fan so. thats just me.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
csuho said:
are u sayin i don't know the limits or how to install properly? humm now. well it wasn't me who did it so i am just passin on what i heard. it was in a prefab box and the amp was a memphis 1500d.

but i am not a kicker fan so. thats just me.
No I am not saying that at all,the point I'm trying to make is where people like me and you are truely in to car audio we have had enough different set-ups and know the limits better so like me I overpower subs no doubt.I'm the type to go more by what the peak rating is but I know when to back off the volume also.

A Kicker 15L7 will handle around 1500rms in the hands of somebody that knows what they are doing,but you put a system like this together in a stupid bass happy high school student and they will just blast the hell out of it till it goes up in smoke.

*Note* I also am not a Kicker fan

·
Registered
255 Posts
98civic is right becuase my brother has 1 12" series 1 L7 in a virtual technologies boc cut to fit the L7 running off a rockford fosgate Power 1100a2 bridged for almost 4 to 5 years and has not blown the sub yet.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts