Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 LX.

my front right passenger window will only roll down using the driver side button, but will not roll up. So if I want to roll my front passenger side window up, I have to reach over and use the control on the passenger side door.

Now I figure this is just a short since the car is so old. Also, it was working like a week ago, and then it just stopped one day. I'm thinking I could probably go to a junk yard and easily pick up a new driver's side power window assembly (you know the door handle). Is there anywhere else you guys would suggest I look before I go out to the junk yard? I don't really want to pay the dealer a shit load for a not-that-important part.

·
Registered
236 Posts
only problem with junkyards is the parts sit out in the weather and if water gets to electronics then they prolly arent worth it...but you can try and ebay has tons of those switches along with other sites on line

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sponginpunk said:
only problem with junkyards is the parts sit out in the weather and if water gets to electronics then they prolly arent worth it...but you can try and ebay has tons of those switches along with other sites on line

really? thanks I didn't think ebay would have that part, but I'll check them out

*edit* look and you shall find...I found it on Ebay with ease...thanks bruh

·
Registered
579 Posts
you could always just remove the master window control module and clean the contacts. Normally you will run into this if your a smoker who cracks the window to smoke or have just forgotten to roll the window up in the rain. Pretty straight forward to repair yourself with no out of pocket expense...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wipeout97 said:
you could always just remove the master window control module and clean the contacts. Normally you will run into this if your a smoker who cracks the window to smoke or have just forgotten to roll the window up in the rain. Pretty straight forward to repair yourself with no out of pocket expense...
wow, sucks that i already bought the part off Ebay...IF it's as simple as cleaning the contacts.

I guess I could sell it just as easy as I bought it on Ebay :rolleyes

·
Registered
579 Posts
there are normally two parts which go bad in the controller. In 90% of all cases your contacts have just built up corrosion giving you a working window when it wants or when the contacts can do exactly that....make contact. In american made cars the actual plastic buttons are known to snap at the base which will not allow you to rock the contacts in either direction. Even if you get the part in I would still try cleaning the contacts. I mean you can always re-sell a good part to someone else. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
579 Posts
p.s.

when I mean contacts, I do mean the copper wires below each button itself. Some people might think I am talking about the contacts from the eletrical cable running to the control module. Your window buttons can be removed one by one and you can normally see your problem with the naked eye.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wipeout97 said:
there are normally two parts which go bad in the controller. In 90% of all cases your contacts have just built up corrosion giving you a working window when it wants or when the contacts can do exactly that....make contact. In american made cars the actual plastic buttons are known to snap at the base which will not allow you to rock the contacts in either direction. Even if you get the part in I would still try cleaning the contacts. I mean you can always re-sell a good part to someone else. Just my 2 cents
yeah I figured I'd give it a try this weekend...I might have the Ebay controller by then but even if I do, if cleaning the contacts works on the one that I have, I'll just keep that one in. I appreciate the help :w00t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts