Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an EXEDY stage 1 racing clutch. It's awsome. Grips hard when i need it to. Other people who have driven my car say it grips alot harder than most cars. Took a little gettting used to but now it's awsome. 5/5 rating from me.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
i've got the same clutch. grips really good and is plenty enough clutch more most people. 10/10 for me.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
so stage1 is good eh?

would stage2 be too unstreetable? im trying to decide between 1 and 2

·
Registered
419 Posts
im also looking to pick up an exedy stage 1, heard so many good things about them. Anyone Turbo'd and using this clutch? I dont want to buy it and it cant hold the power.

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Stage one handled my h22a4's power with lots of mods and a 75 shot no problem. It's all in the break in people. If you drive it and don't take it over 4000 rpm for 500 miles your set. I pulled 102 mph trap speeds in the 1/4 with the 75 shot no problem, in a SH at that!

·
Registered
25 Posts
how much for Installation

well i got an 01 civic and was looking at an ACT clutch, but after hearing all the positive feed back about Exedy clutch's then i guess i'll go with that.. but i have 2 questions... how much is it to have a clutch/flywheel installed?? and what type of lightweight flywheel should i look at getting??

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well I have an exedy on my 92 gsr and we just installed the same kit on my friends 94ls. They are both awsome. He used a Type R flywheel, I would imagine that both the CTR and ITR flywheel would work for you civic. Otherwise Exedy and Fidanza make excellent applications. As far as cost the average I have found is between 300-375 which includes resurfacing of the flywheel(if not a new one, like a used type R but not needed if u get a fidanza for example) and labor.

However, the actual process of replacing the clutch is not that difficult, just time consuming. It took my friend and I collectively 7 hours or so spread over a weeks time period. We had to get a couple of flywheel bolts because his were ground down. Ive never really looked into an 01 civic engine bay to tell you whether itd be just as simple, but if it has as much or more room in the bay as the 3rd gen integras, you and a buddy could do it yourselves. there is an indepth article on team integra with pictures and step by step instructions. That is what we used. Just get a good breaker bar and a torque wrench, also some grease for the clutch and make sure you will have access to an auto parts store, or honda/acura dealer. good luck.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Dam I was researching because this guy was trying to sell me his exedy stage 2 but my car is a DD. After reading this I'm sold on the stage 1.

Where's the cheapest place you guys found this exedy stage 1 at?

Gotta order it ASAP.

thanks for the info, no need to make a stupid post on which clutch to get for my BB6 now......lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
I installed an EXEDY racing clutch part # 08805 {94 accord lx} I dont know what stage it is but it was around $200. I got a deal b/c everyone was buying the cheap stuff, they usually go for $275. I love it its freaking awesome. I dont beleive its an accord anymore.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just installed my excedy stage 1 on my 5th gen today. Ill be babying it for a while now, but Ill repost in a couple hundred miles. I can tell the clutch grips good when shifting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts