Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

have you ever crashed your lude, wether or not it was your fault doesnt really matter

• yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • no

Votes: 8 30.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems to me, that prelude owners get more grief on the streets than any other honda, this is not a biased opinion for ive only had one prelude and three civics, and my prelude has surpassed the numbers on my civics in a year, wereareas i had my civics for a while.

poll is
1have u ever crashed your lude, wether or not its your fault it dont matter

2.never

let it be know wat u said and wat teh deal is. if u think ludes are prone to accidents or not. any other two cents are welcomed from any one on SHO this is not strictly for ludes. except the poll of course.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Had one accident in my 92Si. Completely my fault! me and a bud were on our way back from a mad weekend at the Phakisa superbike GP 2 years ago and were doing about 200Kph all the way home, racing (like idiots) guys on bikes etc. Got off the highway a bit quick and was so used to the speed that I didn't realise how fast I was going. No ABS and a few beers...WHOOMP! Straight up the ass of an Opel. One bent bumper on the opel and (rough conversion) about $2500 damage on the lude. New imported hood, bumper and other miscellaneous crap was damaged. Cos no parts available locally, the lude was off the road for 6 weeks.
(sorry for the long post.....Got it off my chest now!!!)
Oh yeah.... The woman I smashed had borrowed her boyfriends car without him knowing and was so pleased we pulled her bumper straight, she just shot off without getting my insurance details........Katchinnnnng!!! :clap

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
A hit and run on drivers door- Cost to fix Free (friend house + is a body shop manger) :clap :clap :clap

Driver side mirror! Cost $300- In front of my own house!

Christmas Eve! Cracked JDM lip and scratched bumper! Just go my money- Cost $800... Dumb B **** only reason I know was, because my keys rang! Its a must if you have a lude!

None was my fault!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
meh i wasn't in the car...haha. I was outside at a bar drinking w/ my boy and i heard my alarm go off. I run around the building and c an suv pull out. I look around my car and see my dented fender :mad i couldn't go after him b/c w/ my car being so low and his car being so high my fender collasped hitting my tire :bh

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
97lude said:
meh i wasn't in the car...haha. I was outside at a bar drinking w/ my boy and i heard my alarm go off. I run around the building and c an suv pull out. I look around my car and see my dented fender :mad i couldn't go after him b/c w/ my car being so low and his car being so high my fender collasped hitting my tire :bh
now THATS fuked up../

·
Registered
375 Posts
its hurts to think about it...

waiting to get my food at the mcdonalds drive through, and im rear ended by a 70 year old women driving like 15 mph lol...

to top it off, after i pull over to talk to her, she trys paralell parking in front of me, and almost hits the front of my car! ughhh that was hard to witness...

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
i voted no, cuz it wasn't really a crash with the lude. just a bump, cracked my paint in the rear bumper and bent my LP though.

some moron wasn't looking that i was stopped at a red light, saw me but didnt brake in time so hit me with his work truck. insurance he gave me was bogus. lisence plate on his truck was from a stolen car. his drivers lisence was also fake. he gave me his phone number though and said he could just pay me cash so i was about to do that. called him and his wife answered and bitched at me. poor ass didn't have any money to pay. the wife started saying crap about how it was my fault for braking too late. it was a red light damnit. i was stopped at a red light. anyway, nothing for me. yea excellent. my insurance covered for a new bumper cuz i have full coverage, but the premium was more than for me to get it repainted, so that's what i did. pretty lame.

was in a pretty bad wreck with my dad's 92 accord two days later. got hit on the side by a moron who wasnt looking turning into a parking lot. was very bad. car totaled. i walked out with a few bruises. his insurance was also fake. got his lp htough and DL number because the cops showed up for that one. filed a no insurance claim on them at the PD. my insurance covered for that too, gave me a check. bought a 98 gst with that. back in the day.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
seriously some sob stories im startin to regret askin.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
N1PreludeSH said:
its hurts to think about it...

waiting to get my food at the mcdonalds drive through, and im rear ended by a 70 year old women driving like 15 mph lol...
Wendy's drive thru for me. Im completely stopped and this woman in a camaro pulls up behind me - actually right into my rear bumper. she was "reaching for her phone" :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yep,

I got rear ended about a month after i got the car. It was a 5 car pile-up on the interstate. Luckily for me i was the last car hit and suffered no more then cosmetic damages that were all fixed by other people's insurance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.