Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant seem to get any high idle, I havent touched the carbs yet cause I dont know much about tuning carbs. I have to pump it and start the car about 4-5 times before it will stay running and then the idle sits very low. What would cause this?

·
Registered
212 Posts
jets

turn up your jets a little bit. two screws on the side of the carb. possibly a little bit of dirt in it. but most likely your choke is stuck or not working at all. im not sure if it runs off temp or vacuum. GOOGLE

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PRETTY SURE ITS TEMP

But the thing is even after I pump it and it starts I cant rev it to keep it started. If I touch the gas it stalls right away. BUt after about 3-4 times it stays running.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
This sounds a lot like some stuff my old dodge truck did. My choke was stuck on that one. No idea if this is helpful to you since you're not driving a dodge truck though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
best bet

your best bet is to just take it right off, its easy, four bolts i think and just unhook your fuel line and your accelerator cable and your kickdown(if its auto) and take it somewhere to get cleaned and rebuilt. its prolly about 150-200 but it is well worth the money, and most places can tune it without it even being on the car, bolt on and go. youll save the dough in gas milage plus it will work 200% better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts