Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my aging lude has been sitting in the drive way for a while, and unfortunately and recently one of my family members decided to back up their car into mine resulting in a damaged hood. Now I'm left with two options (if you have any better ideas please feel free to shout out) 1. buy a carbon fiber hood OEM styled.. (not into the vents and all those other kinds of stuff) and 2. get a replacement front hood and have it painted to the rest of the car and paint matched. I'm very indecisive right now regarding what to do.. I've calculated the price and they seem to be around the same ball park if i decide to paint the replacement hood. so any suggestions ?

oh i would also love to know how hard it would be to maintain the carbon fiber hood, etc, how long would it last? is it durable? reliable? or what not...

shoot away gentlemen !!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
If the car isn't going to be garaged, I would stick with another OEM painted to match hood; otherwise, I'd go with a OEM CF hood and thats what I have. Had it since 2006 and still look just as good, cause it's always garaged kept.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so update on the situation: decided to go with OEM + paint... because its not being garaged... but fitment is going to now be an issue, due to my moms car (when she came over) bent the hood latch.. so while I'm doing this i decided that I will also get a hood dampening kit. thanks for all your input

1 - 4 of 4 Posts