Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into modifying my car and i plan to use top quality parts. No second quality for my baby :D Im not sure what parts to get tho. i want to start off with i/h/e im thinking about getting greddy headers or neuspeed and greddy evo catback exhaust and maybe weapon r intake or aem. not sure which ones are better then the other. do you guys know any good prelude websites i can buy from? i want to do some research on which parts are the best. just need help finding a place to see whats better and find the products themselves. thanx in advace :) (i have a 1995 prelude si btw)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
well if you want the best you might wanna try mugen but that is expensive as hell.i think their website is kingmotorsports.com or something like that...but if you dont wanna pay that price i would recomend a thermal cat-back exhaust i have an axle back and love it (wish i got a cat back though) good luck

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to the site and all i seem to find is parts for the 5th gen lude. and plus those are prices way out of my range that i would like to spend on those parts. im no hardcore racer but im willing to spend a decent amount of money for quality parts. i would like some personal opinions and experiences with the products if anyone has them. this can be used for other luders who want to hook up their lude. im looking for performance, and would like a deep throating sound from my exhaust, not one that screams all the time. whatever gets the most performance is what i want, if the sounds comes along with it, thats fine as long as its not too loud like those civics running around that u can hear a mile away. thanx peoplez!

·
Registered
888 Posts
MidNiteMysT said:
i went to the site and all i seem to find is parts for the 5th gen lude. and plus those are prices way out of my range that i would like to spend on those parts. im no hardcore racer but im willing to spend a decent amount of money for quality parts. i would like some personal opinions and experiences with the products if anyone has them. this can be used for other luders who want to hook up their lude. im looking for performance, and would like a deep throating sound from my exhaust, not one that screams all the time. whatever gets the most performance is what i want, if the sounds comes along with it, thats fine as long as its not too loud like those civics running around that u can hear a mile away. thanx peoplez!

i feel ya bro! i was at my sho earlier and these guys were ordering civic type r badges and stickers. i walked outside to take a look at their ride and OMG, their car if full of stickers. i laughed my ass off when they left. try AEM for intakes, GREDDY for exhaust and MUGEN or DC SPORTS for headers. hope this helps...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chanluder said:
i feel ya bro! i was at my sho earlier and these guys were ordering civic type r badges and stickers. i walked outside to take a look at their ride and OMG, their car if full of stickers. i laughed my ass off when they left. try AEM for intakes, GREDDY for exhaust and MUGEN or DC SPORTS for headers. hope this helps...
thats what everyone is telling me, every bit helps :)

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
aem cai
Greddy header
Apexi N1 exhaust
AEM pullies
Test pipe-2.25 www.testpipes.com

that should get you started

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lOOkatme said:
aem cai
Greddy header
Apexi N1 exhaust
AEM pullies
Test pipe-2.25 www.testpipes.com

that should get you started
they seem to only have 2.5 for my year prelude

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll recommand Apex N1 also, I love its sound

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i want to post a poll on which products to get..... is there a way to add a poll to this post or do i have to make a new one?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive been looking at greddy exhausts and is it just me or is the greddy cat back only for prelude VTEC's? i have a 1995 prelude si so would i be able to get a greddy exhaust?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
i personally think the n1 is really really loud but i have heard it does have good gains...i still recommend the thermal exhaust.

·
Registered
48 Posts
MidNiteMysT said:
i want to post a poll on which products to get..... is there a way to add a poll to this post or do i have to make a new one?
u could post a poll but everyone'll tell u AEM for intake, DC or mugen for headers, and either Greddy EVO, Tanabe racing/hyper medallion or Apexi N1 for exhaust....

·
Registered
569 Posts
i went with OBX and im extremely glad. ive heard other preludes with aftermarket exhausts and i have the same tone only louder. the tone is great for a 4 banger..when i cruise around with my friend in his 3kgtvr4(straight 3" pipes) we can match the exhaust notes, sounds like something scarey coming over the hill :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would suggest N1 for exhaust too it's powerful and won't be such a wear on your wallet. You can get it shipped for $489 from www.importhorizon.com. For intake get AEM CAI from www.preludeparts.com. For headers...not really sure.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
MidNiteMysT said:
ive been looking at greddy exhausts and is it just me or is the greddy cat back only for prelude VTEC's? i have a 1995 prelude si so would i be able to get a greddy exhaust?
you can modify it slightly to fit your car. the only thing that has to be doen is enlarge the holes on the flange of the catalytic converter because the flanges dont line up exactly during installation. you can use a sanding dremel bit or even a large drill bit.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ZRoEXzisTeNcE said:
u could post a poll but everyone'll tell u AEM for intake, DC or mugen for headers, and either Greddy EVO, Tanabe racing/hyper medallion or Apexi N1 for exhaust....
yea, im trying to decide which one of the few i should get. its the choices that leave me torn. it seems the n1 is getting the best ratings and isnt as expensive as greddy plus it performs better and sounds better. sounds like n1 is a winner and i dont want to modify my greddy exhaust to fit my car. it looks like im getting AEM intake, DC headers and apexi n1 exhaust :) thanx for ur help :cool:

sslude: i think u can get a silencer for the apexi so it doesnt have to be very very loud

standspanker: isnt 3" pipes to big for a non turbo car? it makes alot of noise and i dont think it has as good performance gains as a lower inch pipe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Go JDM for headers, i personally have a jdm lude and ive tried DC and Greddy, i decided to sell those because they were a waste of my damn money, jdm stock is better than those, hence...i think thats y DC tried to make a JDM match header....but trust me, u'll get the most out of the jdm ones.
dan

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
RudeLude said:
Go JDM for headers, i personally have a jdm lude and ive tried DC and Greddy, i decided to sell those because they were a waste of my damn money, jdm stock is better than those, hence...i think thats y DC tried to make a JDM match header....but trust me, u'll get the most out of the jdm ones.
dan
sounds good, u know a site for those headers? or maybe a price range?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts