Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do 5th gen ludes go before the first maintenance? Also, has anyone experienced any problems in their ludes? I have 20,000 miles and I am about to begin N/A tuning my engine, and I need to know how reliable it is going to be with some more parts..........let me know

· Registered
3,921 Posts
If you go over to the Honda dealership, they have the recommended service charts. Just go pick one up. Just remember to do a Valve adjustment every 30,000 miles, more often if you beat the hell out of your car.

~Peace :D

· Registered
621 Posts
The answers that everyone gave are minor and regular maintence. The FIRST MAJOR tune-up is 100,000 miles which includes timing belt and water pump. Valve adjustment, sparkplugs, oil, etc. are minor maintence. The 15,000 interval maintence checks are just another way for honda to make money off of you, it's not really neccessary. My mom has a 89 maxima with 280,000 miles and she only changes her oil every 5,000 miles. Never did the interval checks or anything. It all depends on how hard you drive your car. Just my opinion. I won't be doing any recommended maintence until the 100,000 timing belt change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.