Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 Prelude 3.4 liter Si 5 speed manual tranny. I replaced all the parts n lines brand new for the clutch and bled the lines. My car still grinds gear trying to shift it and sometimes refuses to go into gear. and yes i even adjusted the clutch pedal and still the same thing. Like i said everything for the clutch system on the car is brand new trying to fix this issues and still the same result. Does anyone please have an answer as to why its grinding shifting gears still? The parts guys at the parts store are stumped why its doing it after all this work. I even went as far as replacing the gear oil in the tranny hopeing it would also help but i was wrong. Anyone know whats going on??

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
do a little test add a spacer in between the slave cylinder and fork and see if it helps, to push the fork a little further maybe you just aren't getting enough travel to push the clutch in

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tranny issue

Tried that, I have plenty of pedal and even with a spacer it does the same thing.grinds gears and hangs up shifting into them.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
ok so the clutch release bearing, pressure plate and clutch were all installed correctly? if so then you need a new trans. the synchros are done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tranny issue

Clutch release bearing, pressure plate were not installed only everything to do with the clutch on the outside of the tranny/motor was redone.I really don't have the money or the tools to replace those parts there 120.00 a week sucks when u pay the bills with it.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
oh I thought you said everything to do with the clutch was replaced, replace clutch release bearing its bad. instead of spending money on all that other crap it should have been your first suspect.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tranny issue

Well i have all new stuff outside the engine n tranny is a good thing now i know its not the outside of it just inside of it besides those were factory parts i replaced anyways. I never knew about the bearing inside would ever cause anything like this so cant blame me on replacing parts i got what i thought it could of been and replaced it. im also in collins Mississippi here as well.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
i still think its synchros. what was the resolution if any?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts