Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kid at my school has a 97 Audi A4 in automatic and he says he can beat me in my 97 Prelude SS. Now i didn't say anything to the kid like, no you wouldn't i'd kill you, because i've never even seen his car and i'm not going to say ill beat it and then i don't. Now he doesn't have any mods done to it and i just have an intake. Who do you guys think will win in a race? I know nothing about Audi's so i don't even have an idea of how fast it is. What do you guys think, should i go ahead and race him? Will i kill him or will he kill me or would it be a pretty good race.

· Registered
395 Posts
is his the 1.8t or the V6? you should be able to take the 1.8t fairly easily. they only have 150hp on a heavier car. the V6 though has the same as you, but more torque. i'd say you'd at least be even with the V6. but like i said, his car has more weight to carry.

· Registered
322 Posts
All depends on what model and drivetrain. Here's the specs I found:

For those who don't know, Lude is 195 HP and 2,954 lbs

1.8T 2WD 150 HP 2,877 lbs - Shouldn't even be a problem

1.8T 4WD 150 HP 3,130 lbs - 4WD will be faster off the line, but catching him should be no hassle at all

2.8 V6 2WD 172 HP 2,877 lbs - If both cars are auto, should be a VERY close race. Less HP on the A4, but more torque.

2.8 V6 4WD 172 HP 3,130 lbs - A4 should walk away pretty easily

Hope this helps

· Registered
2,650 Posts
A good bit of info on the 1.8T motor...while it's quoted at 150hp at the flywheel, it's actually been dynoed to make 140+ to the wheels stock. That's about as much as a stock SS makes to the wheels. It's not as weak as most people think, and I think the stock 1.8t could give an SS a run for it's money.

· Registered
199 Posts
specs on 2002
220 hp 3.0 liter with Audi multitronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and FrontTrak® front-wheel drive

220 hp 3.0 liter with 6-speed manual transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive

220 hp 3.0 liter with 5-speed Tiptronic® transmission and quattro all-wheel drive

0-60 seconds
multitronic,FrontTrak: 6.9
manual, quattro: 6.9
Tiptronic, quattro: 7.7

1.8 T

170 hp 1.8 liter with 5-speed manual transmission and FrontTrak® front-wheel drive

170 hp 1.8 liter with 5-speed manual transmission and quattro® all-wheel drive

170 hp 1.8 liter with Audi multitronic™ Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)

170 hp 1.8 liter with 5-speed Tiptronic® transmission and quattro all-wheel drive

0-60 seconds
manual, FrontTrak: 7.8
multitronic, FrontTrak: 7.8
manual, quattro: 7.9
Tiptronic, quattro: 8.5

These are specs on the 2002 models with the info coming directly off the website

· Registered
224 Posts
Ludeboy said:
The 1.8T is a torqey sob, I raced my friends 1.8T Jetta and he took me of the line.
yes indeed

I replied in another post about my friend's 1.8T jetta, upgraded turbo and some other goodies=my ass handed to me.

Should you beat him?I think you should just find out for yourself, anything can happen. sometimes you beat cars that should beat you just by the numbers, and sometimes you get took by cars you should have beat. ;)

· Registered
401 Posts
Matt said:
drive it like you stole it!
HEHEHE!!! Drive it like you stole it, ALL MOTOR! HEHEHE!!!

Personally I would say you are going to beat the 1.8T unless he is a good driver with the stick, but if he is AUTO, spank him. On another note if you beat him that will tell me that i can beat him as well b/c i like to run SS's and beat them b/c the 4gen Auto is faster, for some reason, than the new SS's. HEHEHE!!!

Could someone tell me why that is?

· Registered
401 Posts
Hell yeah, all the time man. I have K&N drop-in, Magnecor wires, NGK plugs, Apex'i World Sport exhaust. That it.
I have beaten many SS's, one of them i know has intake and exhaust, beat him; another has a level 10 built tranny, and intake and exhasust, beat him as well.

HEHEHEHE!!!!

· Registered
240 Posts
OK here is what you need to know about the Audi A4

My friend has 1.8T 5spd. With some work to it.
he has:
Intake/Remus Cat back exhaust/ Lowered Chiped the car/ turbo timer and i think a fuel air controler of some sort.

I have 2001 SS mods inlude AEM CAI

we raced on number of occasion....here is what always happend.
GREEN LIGHT...I'm not even at 3,000 rpm he is already gone....he was droping the clutch at like 3.000 or 4.000 ...come my 3rd gear in SS mode....i was next to him and road providing i would have beaten him.

In conclusion....my friends car has mods...this kids doesnt and he is an Auto....so i say ...SMOKE HIM:cool:

· Registered
1,612 Posts
lilric said:
i like to run SS's and beat them b/c the 4gen Auto is faster, for some reason, than the new SS's. HEHEHE!!!
I am going to have to raise the BS flag on that.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@****************@
@****************@
@***BULL SHIT!!****@
@****************@
@****************@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@
@

You are telling me that you beat a SS w/ a level10 tranny in your auto Si? Here is another thing for all you guys that say they walk all over SS's. How do you know it was an SS?

· Registered
83 Posts
lilric said:
Hell yeah, all the time man. I have K&N drop-in, Magnecor wires, NGK plugs, Apex'i World Sport exhaust. That it.
I have beaten many SS's, one of them i know has intake and exhaust, beat him; another has a level 10 built tranny, and intake and exhasust, beat him as well.

HEHEHEHE!!!!

thats really hard to believe especially if you have a Auto.. is your car vtec ? ? And even harder to believe if your "boy" has a LVL PTS kit .... hmmm do i smelll something wierd coming from this guy ?? ? ? how many horses did that superstreet sticker add? LOL oh well peace

· Registered
1,688 Posts
lilric said:

HEHEHEHE!!!!

you've raced Greg? haha...cool...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.