Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2000 Honda Prelude type sh. I am looking into lowering it with a full coilover setup. What kinda setups would you guys recommend. I am really liking the tanabe susstec pro s-oc type II's or the tein basics. My car is winter driven so it has to be a coilover system. Also I am just looking for a moderate drop (1.75" in front and 1.5" in back). Another thing is that I don't want a very bumpy ride, I want it to feel close to stock but a little bit stiffer. Also only willing to spend around $800. Another thing is a good front upper strut bar that costs under $200. Wich one would you guys go with dc sports, tanabe, skunk 2, or neuspeed.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have tokico illuminaz adj shox with skunk2 adjustable coilover. Rides nice and stiff =) i got the coilovers on ebay for about 250. Good price. You can set up your height any way you want, i know the tokico wasnt made for an SH, but they weren't made for an SH using the stock springs. But the ones for the base will work if you are replacing ur springs anyways. Buy hey if your spending 800 you mite of wellz go with Tein SS. Those are really nice.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I recommend going with a spring shock combo...no need for coilovers....they are more of a hassle then they are worth....unless you cornerweight them...and leave them at one height. Not lowered much with a high spring rate...otherwise they aren't worth the hassle.

I suggest looking into H&R sport springs and either Koni Yellow Shocks...or KYB AGX Adj shocks.

Neuspeed front strut bar is the best. Also look into buying a progress rear sway bar with endlinks;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would go with lookatme's suggestion of koni yellows and h&r sports. That's currently what i have and it's great. Ride is lower but not bouncy or too rough. the rear sway bar is another thing to upgrade while you're doing suspension.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think the neuspeed bar is very high quality and pretty rigid too. tanabe makes pretty good stuff from my experience i have the rear tanabe tower bar and the tanabe front lower and they're both reasonably priced, easy to install, look great, and are very high quality

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
lOOkatme said:
I suggest looking into H&R sport springs and either Koni Yellow Shocks...or KYB AGX Adj shocks.

Neuspeed front strut bar is the best. Also look into buying a progress rear sway bar with endlinks;)
I am saving to upgrade my suspension as well. H&R sport springs and KYB AGX Adj shocks is my option.

·
Registered
255 Posts
shocks

what about KYB GR-2's are the AGX's that much better that its worth the money. can GR-2s handle a dropped suspension as well? do the adjustables really come in handy (should i spend the extra 100$ to get adjustables)?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
904lude said:
what about KYB GR-2's are the AGX's that much better that its worth the money. can GR-2s handle a dropped suspension as well? do the adjustables really come in handy (should i spend the extra 100$ to get adjustables)?

the extra 100 is worth it. adjustables come in handy...it really changes the way the car rides/handles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.