Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first lets start off with the basics that most of you wont do.

1. remove A/C (perfect time to do is if your compressor dies like mine did). this includes: compressor, compressor bracket, condensor, dryer, all the a/c lines. dont worry about the evaporator b/c its inside the car and not important unless you're hard up for weight savings.

visible things that will be gone will be all those pesky a/c lines that you cant bend when you need to work on the lude, and the compressor if you look down there ever

2. remove powersteering (easier to do when the engine is out). loop the inflow and outflow lines at the rack, loop the vss lines and remove the rest. this includes: fat powersteering line on the pump, the pump, the hardlines, the resovoir, the other lines going from pump to resovoir and resovoir to cooler, cooler.

visible things that will be gone: hoses, pump, resovoir

3. remove cruise control. its ugly anyways. remove the cable and the unit and if you're really hardcore you can take the vaccuum canister out of the fenderwell while you're at it.

visible things that will be gone: cc unit and cable

4. remove windshield fluid resovoir. i havent had squirters since i bought the car anyways, so take the neck off and unbolt the resovoir and it drops right out of the fenderwell.

visible things that will be gone: the neck of it

this is just teh start. im still working on the rest. with pics and shizzle

heres a pic of what my bay could look like (cluttered would be putting it lightly)

blue = windshield washer crap
purple = a/c crap
green = cruise control crap
red = power steering crap

· Registered
428 Posts
I guess I didn't realize that you actually removed all that stuff. Thought you just tucked else where. Unfortuately I don't want to part without all that stuff.

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
preludesh2000 said:
your going back to the old days (old cars)......nothing but motor and trans.
yes the days of simplicity. the other crap isnt needed :hehe

working on the rest dont worry

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now onto actual wire tuckage. :clap

1. take your bumper off

2. start unplugging everything in the front of the car

3. any relays/wiring behind the headlights should be rerouted through the hole in the inner fender

one hole is to the right of the intake

everything from the horns, fan motor, headlight can go through the hole and routed around the engine bay. everything should still reach

the other hole is to the left in this pic

i believe the headlight, a/c compressor, a/c condensor and maybe something else are on this part of the wiring harness. reroute it around the engine bay (under the actual metal bumper) and back into the engine bay where needed

the relays that are attached to the engine bay next to the hole can be shoved through the hole and you can either attach them where the washer fluid resovoir once was, or just let them hang around (i prefer attaching them to something)

now, the resistor box can be moved to under the cowl (where the windshield wiper motor is). as you can see, the wiring that goes into the rubber plug on the side is the resistor box wiring. there's also a relay there that im thinking about shoving through that hole on the right, just need to find out if it will fit through or not :hehe

now, quite possibly the worst looking area (on 4th gens at least) is the passenger side shock tower. start by taking all the wiring off those little brackets. after you've done that, shove it ALL under the fuse box :lol2 the fuse box can be moved out of the way by undoing that 10mm bolt and unclipping it from the back (if you cant figure how they unclip you dont deserve to be wire tucking)

thats all i can think of.

i am open to questions, so go ahead.

(btw, i bet about 3 of you actually do this hahaha)

· Registered
3,967 Posts
i've dropped the a/c, the cruise, and the washer fluid... but no power steering? fuck that shit man... yeah sure, it's one less accessory to drive off the engine, but still... damn. i need my p/s

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PreludeClone said:
i've dropped the a/c, the cruise, and the washer fluid... but no power steering? fuck that shit man... yeah sure, it's one less accessory to drive off the engine, but still... damn. i need my p/s
have you ever just taken the belt off the power steering and driven like that?

if you have, its not the same as looping the lines.

· Registered
14,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Det.John Kimble said:
no windshield washer reservoir?

isnt that kind of unsafe to do?? what if your on the highway somewhere and some rig splashes crap on your windshield??

its understandable if its going to be purely a track car....
like i said, i havent had squirters since i bought the car. if the windshield is dirty before i leave for work in the morning then i grab the hose and spray it real quick.

if a truck splashes me, i still have the wipers and i can deal with the smear till i can get to a gas station if its really that bad.

· Registered
3,843 Posts
crdcz03 said:
like i said, i havent had squirters since i bought the car. if the windshield is dirty before i leave for work in the morning then i grab the hose and spray it real quick.

if a truck splashes me, i still have the wipers and i can deal with the smear till i can get to a gas station if its really that bad.
^ That's crazy :noo See if you lived up in N.E. you would most certainly need the fluid. Esp during the winter :cry

· Registered
21,276 Posts
Did some tucking of my own on the passenger side. Once you start looking around, theres actually alot of room under the fuse box and inside the fender, lol.

^^i moved my fuse box to reveal a bunch of dirt and shit on the bottom, clean up time later on, lol.

Then a little work on the HID wires:

All that took like 30 minutes to do. When i get home tonight i'm gonna work on the driver side.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.