Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know who is riding on 18's on this board. I need information from you guys about the setups/charateristics of the ride. First off lets just start by finding out who is running 18's?

Thanks

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just trying to get a feel for how the cars stock characteristics will change with the mod. Just like most mods there is usually and up and down. I wanna get a feel for the extremeties of those ups and downs.
I was planning on a light weight rim like a Rota Subzero which the internet community tells me is 19 lbs and Rota tells me 17.5 lbs. My concerns are for the hit one performance from getting a much bigger rim than stock. My personal feeling on them is this. Because the rim is that much lighter than most the performance hit should be either nothing or so close to. I know that there is more wieght farther away from the axle but how much farther. Compared to 17's the distance is minimal. So if 17's are acceptable then a super light 18 can't be that far off. I would imagine it to be the same. For instance a popular rim these days in the 17 Konig Verdict. Those rims weight substantially more than an 18 Rota Subzero, so is there really a difference in performance? I highly doubt it.
This is the main issue that I am trying to get my head around by talking to many and giving the most attention to those that are running 18's.
Long story short... I am trying to gather enough info to make the decision that meets my criteria. Looks and as little hit on performance as possible.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.