Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 2-door AV6. How much is the price of fog lights (installed) after market? Here in Canada, I got a quote of C$800 (approx. U$ 500) installed from a Honda dealer. Is that price reasonable? Is it better to go with replicas after market?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
joji10 said:
I own a 2001 2-door AV6. How much is the price of fog lights (installed) after market? Here in Canada, I got a quote of C$800 (approx. U$ 500) installed from a Honda dealer. Is that price reasonable? Is it better to go with replicas after market?

Thanks for your help.
Thats NUTS!!! You can buy a set from majestic honda on-line for 200. And any good mechanic can install them nicely for maybe 70 more, max. If Honda gives you any guff about a warrenty issue after that, just call your regional customer hotline.

And some (new and in the box) just sold on ebay for 120 U$

·
Registered
308 Posts
aftermarkets are way cheaper,

just go buy an aftermarket one(PIAA, raybrig) and buy a stock fog light button.

I think the cost for installation is around ~60cdn

·
Registered
720 Posts
joji10 said:

Thanks for your help.
$500 for factory fog lights??? That is waaaay over priced! H Parts has it for $235.00. Here's the link if you're interested. And aftermarket ones are even cheaper. Autodynamic has a bunc of aftermarket ones for all around $65. But the price of $500 that you were quoted is waaaay too much! I don't think installation is that much to bump the price us a couple hundred dollars! :eek:

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I think the stocks are definately worth $200-250 no way are they worth $500 :eek: They look much better than any aftermarket lights to me, because of the bezel, and the beam pattern is definately A+. the only downside is the damn H11 bulb. If you're even contimplating $500 for foglights spend $250 more and get the PIAA HID fogs. My wifes dad has them on his jag, and those things ROCK!! Else check out H-Parts, or Handa, I've bought from both and both are great distributors.

·
Registered
308 Posts
cpeGirlie: the reason the fog light in Canada is expensiver,
its because we have higher import taxes, these fog are made in Japan, and the one we have here for sale is Multi-Color Fog.
Its white and reflexs different color when u see it.

its different from the one U.S. had.......... and

joji10 : which dealer quoted you that price? I had it quoted for
650 installed. which is around 406U.S.

but its still considered expensive , and these factory fog is easy to break.

got buy some aftermarket one, which cost around 100bux canadian. and have it install for 60bux, buy a stock button for 6bux.

I don't have a pic for the accord one,
but this is the one that we have here at dealer which cost shit loads.

instead of

·
Registered
720 Posts
RDX said:
cpeGirlie: the reason the fog light in Canada is expensiver,
its because we have higher import taxes, these fog are made in Japan, and the one we have here for sale is Multi-Color Fog.
Its white and reflexs different color when u see it.
Oh, that makes more sense then. I guess I can't compare the US price with the Canada price then. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RDX, the quotes I have received were from dealers in the Greater Toronto Area. Maybe prices are lower in BC.

·
Registered
308 Posts
yah most likely they want to rip u off....

print the website below off, and show it to them, how much in U.S.

maybe u want to talk them down to 650, if u really want to get them.
but for sedan, I think aftermarket would look better...

the reason I got mine for coupe, cus I want to fill the vent area on the side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts