Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title surgests i had a blown headgasket and things dont seem right ever since it was (and i use the term loosely) fixed.. so basicly im tryin to find out as much info as i can about wat could b wrong befor i go bak to the bloke that fixed it and batter him with a blunt object :bash lol..

befor he fixed it, the only problem that i had with the car was were the gasket had gone was preasureising the coolent system which was kinda anoying but was the only real problem... ever since he's fixed it i let it bed in babying thecar for 500 odd miles (was told that was more than enough) then once it was warmed took it to 6k rpm once and noticed a massive amount of blue smoke from the exhaust. so i babyied it home checked the oil n noticed after topin up oil week or so befor id used half ltr of oil in bout 150miles. i have also noticed that once warmed up the car now runs realy realy bad misfireing with even the slightest touch of the throttle and a sharp stab of the throttle will stall the car.. one other thing to mention is i have noticed that the person fixing my car also broke the evap purge control solenoid valve i dont know enough about engines to know if this might cause some of them problems..
hope there is enough info for someone to give me some advice or help.. thanx in advace for any hlp on this matter

·
Registered
34 Posts
It might be piston rings, or valves need adjusting, or he didn't install something right. You should probably get a new evap purge control solenoid valve if its broken.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for ya hepl people will start checkin at wknd when i get some time n a gun to hold to the mechanics head :bash lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts