Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just bought a 4 gig sd memory card for my d50. Its from patriot. Well here's the problem when insert the memory card and start to format it, the letters 'For' starts to blink on the top display for a few secs and then stops. It's been like 10 mins and the word 'For' is still there. I tried turing it off and it would again tell me that i need to format my memory card. My question is is this memory card even compatible with my d50 or does it take a long time to format? =\

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
It wouldn't take 10 minutes, I can tell you that much.

Have you ever formatted a card via your camera before? I would format one of your already owned cards that you know works, and see if it works fine. If it does, more than likely it's a card issue, I'd take it back.

ANd really, you're probably better off getting more cards of smaller sizes, I've heard nothing but problems from most people who get cards larger than 2 gigs.

I stick to 1gb myself, and just buy a few, you can usually find htem around at some store with a rebate ending up being around $35 to $40 a piece. That's just my personal preference though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you kno wwhat i took ur advice and reformated my current memory card and it reformatted in like 1 sec. I'll be returing my 4 gig mc and probably just get the 2gig sandisc instead. Thanks alot for the help man! :number1

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
preludex228 said:
you kno wwhat i took ur advice and reformated my current memory card and it reformatted in like 1 sec. I'll be returing my 4 gig mc and probably just get the 2gig sandisc instead. Thanks alot for the help man! :number1
Since you've got a prelude I couldn't resist helping you, it's in my blood, haha.

But yea, I owned a 4GB mem card for about a week before it stopped formatting, in which case I promptly replaced it with a 2GB. After that I got a bunch of 1GB cards, and found it much easier to work with, because I can shoot different parts of events and seperate them much easier, my cards are all numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. This way I just write down on my little notebook that card 1 = blah, and card 2= blah, and finding pictures from certain parts etc is really really easy when developing (it helps when you shoot multiple events and have to meet deadlines for some).

ANyway, glad to have helped (hopefully) and I hope the 2GB works out well for you :):)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tha_con said:
Since you've got a prelude I couldn't resist helping you, it's in my blood, haha.

But yea, I owned a 4GB mem card for about a week before it stopped formatting, in which case I promptly replaced it with a 2GB. After that I got a bunch of 1GB cards, and found it much easier to work with, because I can shoot different parts of events and seperate them much easier, my cards are all numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. This way I just write down on my little notebook that card 1 = blah, and card 2= blah, and finding pictures from certain parts etc is really really easy when developing (it helps when you shoot multiple events and have to meet deadlines for some).

ANyway, glad to have helped (hopefully) and I hope the 2GB works out well for you :):)

thanks alot man really. And you've given me ideas with getting multiple 1 gig cards rather than a bulky 4gig although i couldn't used that one. I guess i should've thought how you thought anyway. I appreciate it again man. thanks for helping out a fellow luder. :number1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.