Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when i left school there was a slight scraping sound coming from my left wheel when i got home it was screaching. Inside there was grease all over the back of the wheel and on the brake. I am not sure what the problem is and the whell was smoking. I think that it is either the wheel bearing thats broken or the brake pad has worn too much. or possibly the some sort of axle problem. please give me any ideas of what the problem coulde be

· Registered
48 Posts
Hi gusty... it might be a problem with your CV joint... and if u say greese is all over the back of the wheel and brake casing .. then maybe your boot casing for the CV joint is broken/ cracked.... you will need to have these rubber boots replaced..

Hope things work out.....

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CV joints

my cv joints have been clicking for over 6 months and the rubber part of the boot is ok but there is a significant amout of grease inside this boot though. Could there be any other damage done to car if the CV is severly damaged?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.