Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a '95 Del Sol- S and heck it's automatic. I don't care, I love my Del Sol and Hondas for that reason..even though the freakin SUVs on the back always think they are all that {US-Route1 <I-I95}.

Q.1)
So here is the Problem:

I am trying to figure out if my transmission is slipping OR I need my throttle body, Headers and Exhaust changed from Stock. It might be that the engine doesn't get enough air even though the intake sounds good.

My engine revs a lot more now to pick up speed (no, it doesn't rev when it's idle but the steering wheel does shake a little when idle), where as before it would pick up speed much faster and had more torque to it. I do see that it has a kind of kick to it when the gear shifts that's why I am thinking it might be the tranny. Also it takes a little longer than before to shift, have to press hard on the gas for a while>>>again making me think it's the tranny. Check engine lights and all functions work and Check Engine Light is NOT on. Did I mention how the RPM is erratic, takes a while to make all the way up to 4 or 5 then all or a sudden jumps down to 2 or 3 (not gradually).

I have got the spark plugs, Ignition Cables, Fuel Filter, Distributor Rotor, Oil and Oil Filter changed 3 weeks ago. I also replaced the AEM Intake Filter about a month ago.

Thanks in Advance for any help.
I know it will sound cheesy but I love cars (Hondas and Toyotas) and I am trying to learn more as best as I can.

--If you have any questions or if you want any specifics more than this, please feel free to ask--:bash

Attachments

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fluid leves seem fine as far as I can tell, the guy at Pep Boys says that he would usually reccomment Tranny fluid change but since it's 192,000 miles and no record of Tranny fluid change he doesn't reccomment it now. The mechanic thinks fluid change this late might make things get worse...(don't know how that would happen but yeah). I just got this car about a month ago, love it, like it, wouldn't sell it.

***Anyone who knows this stuff near Springfield, PA (Zip 19064). Maybe you can test drive the car and tell me. I have US Fidelis auto warranty which I was able to get for the car when I bought the car. If everything else fails and it is the transmission or engine, warranty should cover transmission and engine with Zero deductibe. That is the (Power Train Plus Warranty)

++ By the way Kabooki thanks.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
Tranny flushes are bad on high mileage trannies because the detergents or whatever they use to flush it usually disolve broken/worn seals and can cause leaks. Recommend a rebuild/replacement torque converter. Or you can usually pick up a replacement auto trannie for that motor for like $100 bux on ebay or craigslist. Might be worth the chance of a cheap tranny replacement before a rebuild.

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again thanks

· Registered
478 Posts
Time to get a manual tranny

· Registered
10,346 Posts
No need for a flush, just drain and refill with new fluid, drive a few hundred miles, then drain and refill with new fluid. Just keep a close eye on what comes outta the drain, make sure there isnt any metal chunks or other debri.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.