Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

having trouble starting the lude. I thought it was the alternator so i replaced it and it still wont start. its not cranking either. it just has this eletrical buzz when i try to start the car.

i have a new battery in it, tried to jump it also just in case the battery was dead no go.

think it might be the alarm or the immobilizer?

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for the quick replies :)

it turned out to be the starter

but now theres this high pitched squeal coming from the alternator side. im thinking its one of the belts

anyone know how to adjust either belts or if its something else?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
jayword said:
thanks guys for the quick replies :)

it turned out to be the starter

but now theres this high pitched squeal coming from the alternator side. im thinking its one of the belts

anyone know how to adjust either belts or if its something else?

thanks in advance
there 2 bolts. ontop an bottom. loosen them an adjust the alternaoter. simple. maybe try some belt dressing. that works too. you can get it at autozone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DrivinVtec said:
there 2 bolts. ontop an bottom. loosen them an adjust the alternaoter. simple. maybe try some belt dressing. that works too. you can get it at autozone.

i tried loosening the blots and adjusting it but the belt just wont get tight the bottom bolt is hard to get.
i tried tighting the adjusting bolt first but it wont tighten the belt at all.

any suggestions?

edit: sorry forgot to mention that the nut thats suppose to go to the bottom bolt that holds the tensioner was missing so i replaced it with a regular nut. think it makes that big of a difference if i dont use the oem big nut and use a smaller one?

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
jayword said:
i tried loosening the blots and adjusting it but the belt just wont get tight the bottom bolt is hard to get.
i tried tighting the adjusting bolt first but it wont tighten the belt at all.

any suggestions?

edit: sorry forgot to mention that the nut thats suppose to go to the bottom bolt that holds the tensioner was missing so i replaced it with a regular nut. think it makes that big of a difference if i dont use the oem big nut and use a smaller one?
no it wont make a difference. let me see if i can find the write up from one of my books to help u out. give me a sec.u try that belt dressing stuff? u have the right size belt? did u change the underdrive pulley?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DrivinVtec said:
well i found it in my helms but it isnt a very good write up. the only thing i can say is get a new belt.

yea i got a new belt on it both for the alternator and the power steering. been messing with it for a week now, might just go to honda and get that bolt and try it. if no go ill just take it in to a shop and let them adjust it

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
jayword said:
yea i got a new belt on it both for the alternator and the power steering. been messing with it for a week now, might just go to honda and get that bolt and try it. if no go ill just take it in to a shop and let them adjust it
yeah that should work. it wont be much if any money. dont know anyone who knows something about Hondas...or even cars for that matter?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.