Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my greddy evo installed today, but then i didnt feel any power increasement. i feel like my car is loosing power, it's not as strong as it was b4...and yet, the exhaust insulation was burnin and smelled like shit!!... well..before my idle rpm was at above 1k, now it dropped down to 600 rpm....can any1 help me with this??

· Registered
14,616 Posts
well, if the exhaust was all you got installed, you're not gonna feel any huge power 'increasement' (is that a word?). sorry, i had to....

as for your idle, i don't think your exhaust will affect that. maybe somebody else can help you....................

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well..beside the exhaust...my car also runnin w/ aem cold air and plus, i just recently did a tuned up w/ ngk spark plugs wires n denso iridium sparks plugs...but now it feels worse than before...slower when accelerate..and... arrggg

· Registered
14,616 Posts
SoupaFly69 said:
well..beside the exhaust...my car also runnin w/ aem cold air and plus, i just recently did a tuned up w/ ngk spark plugs wires n denso iridium sparks plugs...but now it feels worse than before...slower when accelerate..and... arrggg
first, what car? second, did you change the cap? rotor? pcv valve? fuel filter? last, you did all these things before, after, or at the same time as the exhaust? when did you notice the difference?

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well..the tune up was done about 3 weeks ago, i replaced distr. cap, rotor, spark plugs n wires....and before i brought my car to the shop to pick up the ex. n install it...it was runnin fine...after i got it installed...i feel a major lost of power...damn...

· Registered
801 Posts
I really doubt its the exhaust I have a greddy evo exhaust on my car and i didnt lose anything. You may not feel gains from a catback exhaust (in fact you most likely wont) But if you are sure you lost power look for a problem elsewhere.

· Registered
2,575 Posts
the butt dyno should never be used as a way to determine whether you make or loose power...the only way to determine this is a before and after dyno.

Performance Chart
--------------------------HP Level-----HP+-----TQ Level------Q+
B Baseline Power-----105.5 *--------------------99.1 *
1 Intake----------------108.1---------2.6----------101.3------2.2
2 Exhaust--------------110.0---------1.9----------102.5------1.2
F Final Power----------110.0---------4.5----------102.5------3.4

tuned and mated with a intake...only gains were barely a 2hp gain and 1.2trq+ from a greddy evo. Dont be surprised Honda made their cars to a standard that aftermarket parts wont make that much of a difference. There is very little leeway to make an aftermarket bolt-on kit make a huge power increase

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.