Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 27th I bought a B18C1 Transmission for my GSR swap from a user on a forum who will remain anonymous (since it wasnt SHO anyway). I couldnt pass it up. The tranny had 72k original, and 9k on a full rebuild. I got it for $600 shipped. I recieved it May 3rd, and it was broken. Useable, but the VSS sensor was broken. I looked on the forums for one with no luck. Honda quoted me $175, and thats what I told the seller. Ive been waiting now since MAY for my money. He still keeps in contact with me, and maintains that the Fedex claims dept is handling it. How the hell long am I supposed to wait for christ sake??? He had full insurance on the package, but hasnt gotten anything from them yet, supposedly. Im out of ideas. I dont want to come out and call him a scammer, because he wasnt. He was a bad seller, but not a scammer. But by the same token... why should I be out $175??

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Contact fed-ex. If you know he had insurance Fed-ex is responsable. The VSS breaks easy and it is very likley it broke during shipping.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did. As the reciever, theres nothing i can do. The entire transaction went through the seller and fedex, so theres nothing I can say or do. :(

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have been waiting for a claim with fedex for 13 months to go through sorry to be a barrer of bad news

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what should I do? If i were the seller, I would pay it out of my pocket. Should I expect him to do the same? If I ask him to do that, I know its going to get ugly. Or should I just let it go, and pray I can find one at a junkyard?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
So what should I do? If i were the seller, I would pay it out of my pocket. Should I expect him to do the same? If I ask him to do that, I know its going to get ugly. Or should I just let it go, and pray I can find one at a junkyard?
You didn't get what you paid for. You've been waiting for over 2 months. Ask the seller to set a date where you can expect a refund (even if he is still dealing with fedex). Does it seem fair that he has all of his payment, but you don't have all of your product? If he is trying to make things right, then he should be willing to set some sort of date.

Also, as I understand it, fedex will come out an inspect the package and item whenever a claim is filed. Has someone been out to inspect? If not, then it is possible that a claim was never filed.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
kommon_sense said:
You didn't get what you paid for. You've been waiting for over 2 months. Ask the seller to set a date where you can expect a refund (even if he is still dealing with fedex). Does it seem fair that he has all of his payment, but you don't have all of your product? If he is trying to make things right, then he should be willing to set some sort of date.

Also, as I understand it, fedex will come out an inspect the package and item whenever a claim is filed. Has someone been out to inspect? If not, then it is possible that a claim was never filed.
IMHO, as I did, tell him that you are going to make a trip to his house listed on the shipping label, you might not be serious, but I was.. If then his ass wont get straight, pay him a visit.. Tell him that you want to meet him just to talk though, :evilgrin: , that way no threats can be filed...!!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe him. Im fairly confident that hes telling the truth. Hes got a lot of vouches and is fairly active on the forums. I think its Fedex thats jerking him around and theres nothin we can do.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
I believe him. Im fairly confident that hes telling the truth. Hes got a lot of vouches and is fairly active on the forums. I think its Fedex thats jerking him around and theres nothin we can do.

Bullshit... :akuma

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
if there was insurance, then you most likely had to sign for the package. if you signed for the package, whats to say you didnt break it after it was delivered?

hate to play devils advocate.

what i think would be fair to both parties, is see if hell split the cost of the VSS with you. thats the most i would do if i were him, and the most i would reasonably expect if i were you.

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
dude that sux. if he seems pretty trust worthy then i would try to set a date like someone said before. you could always ask he could come up with half of the $175 an when the insurance money gets to him...he send the other half.

that way it will helps u out to buy another one an helps him out so he wont get bad feedback. i think that would be the best route.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DrivinVtec said:
dude that sux. if he seems pretty trust worthy then i would try to set a date like someone said before. you could always ask he could come up with half of the $175 an when the insurance money gets to him...he send the other half.

that way it will helps u out to buy another one an helps him out so he wont get bad feedback. i think that would be the best route.
Thats a good idea. Ill recommend that to him. If he wont do it, ill set a date. If that date passes, ill pursue it with bad feedback and a call to his local PD.

·
Registered
659 Posts
i would just stay on top of him... if he does have insurance on the package, he should lay out the $175 to and he should just take it if fedex gives him any money back

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Sirfallsalot243 said:
Thats a good idea. Ill recommend that to him. If he wont do it, ill set a date. If that date passes, ill pursue it with bad feedback and a call to his local PD.
If PD stands for Police Department, then they are not going to do shit about a civic matter, cause that is what they are going to call it.. You are going to have to take him to court if you are going with the police, thats what they are going to tell you... :mad

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.