Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Here is my problem, i've been looking but i couldnt find anything.
i swapped my motor from a h23 to a jdm h22a. it was done on a 92 prelude SI. The only problem that i had at that time is that i did not have enough money for the ecu so i've been runnin the p14 ecu on the h22 (dumb...) anyways i finally purchased a p13 ecu and today i tried to install it. it did not start, it crancked and everything but just didnt start. i swapped back the p14, the car started. then i tried once again with the p13 and it started but for like 2-3 seconds then it died and wouldnt start. so i just slapped the p14 back on and thats how im driving.
What i would like to know is if i need to re-wire the distributor? any grounds missing? an i getting enough fuel? any ideas what my problem could be?

Well thats all, thanks
Appreciate all the help

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
what distributor are you running? internal or external coil. if you have the distributor that came with it (i think you said you have the jdm h22) then youll wanna swap to an external coil setup. you can just swap the distributor from your old h23 to the h22 and add the coil.

no you dont have to re-wire the distributor, are there any grounds missing? youll have to check, its possible. are you getting enought fuel? again, youll have to check with a fuel pressure gauge. hoot it up to the fitting on the rail.

you say it ran on the p14 and not the p13, well right there tells me that whoever you got the p13 off of ripped you off because its bad. go to www.phearable.net and talk to john. hell hook you up man. i got mine from there and i love it. check it out. john is awesome with replying to emails, and is great with customer service. he also has a great product and hes trustworthy. ALOT of people on here have gone through him for their ecu's. youll want a chipped p28 (civic si ecu) and hell tune the basemaps to suit the h22. theres also some other goodies included with the ecu. hell program whatever vtec engagement you want, there is a 2 stage rev limiter, check engine light shift light, full throttle a/c cutout. some other things, i just dont remember them right now.

hope that helped. good luck

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so you are saying the p13 is bad? then what should i do? just get a chipped p28 and have someone else tune it?
my whole plan was gettin this p13 for now, having everything run right, about the p28, i was gonna do everything myself, i got crome, a laptop and im on the processes on getting data link cables. I still got a long way to go on tunning but im getting there. Damn...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
rich045 said:
so you are saying the p13 is bad? then what should i do? just get a chipped p28 and have someone else tune it?
my whole plan was gettin this p13 for now, having everything run right, about the p28, i was gonna do everything myself, i got crome, a laptop and im on the processes on getting data link cables. I still got a long way to go on tunning but im getting there. Damn...
well john sets the basemaps with chrome so youll be good to go. im not doubting you or anything, i dont know you or what you can do. but i wouldnt mess with stuff like that yourself without a dyno on hand, or really really knowing what youre doing. the butt dyno might be telling you that your car is running faster and more powerful, but the engine might be telling you to knock it the hell off lol. but yeah, id defenately get a chipped p28 from phearable and take it from there. it sounds like your p13 is no good. i had sorta the same problem. i had a TON of problems that i couldnt possibly imagine to be real, so i figured i neede an ecu. i ordered one up, had in it in 5 minutes and all was good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o ic, then i should get the ecu from phearable, thats one of hte guys from pgmfi right? ahhh headaches headaches...
are you sure its hte ecu that is not working properly? im about to ask one of my friends for their ecu and see if it works.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
rich045 said:
o ic, then i should get the ecu from phearable, thats one of hte guys from pgmfi right? ahhh headaches headaches...
are you sure its hte ecu that is not working properly? im about to ask one of my friends for their ecu and see if it works.
do it man, just to make sure. but there is no other reason for the car to run (on the wrong ecu) and to not run (with the right ecu).

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
If the car does not start or idles bad when you switch ecu's the ecu is bad. Go ask one of your buddies with the same OBD setup as you to borrow their ECU (just for a sec) and if it starts with that one then the P13 you bought is definately a bad one. Try taking it back to see if they can switch it for another. Most shops usually warrantee their ecus as long as the werent tampered with by you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.