Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help me with this problem i have with my civic 16sr vtec ?
The engine code is D16y2 which i think is the same as the D16y8
I have lost a lot of power at bottom end revs, but is fine in the high rev range.
Also when starting from cold i get strange a rattle, which is louder when you slightly touch the revs, but goes away when engine is warm i can also smell fumes which don`t smell right?
I have changed all the obvious thins dizzy plugs e.t.c

Please help

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
is the smell like a rotten egg smell or what kind of smell is it. It sounds to be that the O2 sensor is going out. Getting any CEL's? Also make sure that your CEL does a self test when you first turn on the car.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
CEL's is the check engine light on the dash. See if its lit up while your driving, and to make sure it still works the light will do a self test when you first start on the car it willlight up for a second or two.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i think what kinghawk is getting at is if you're throwing a code--check engine light blinks or stay on while driving or at idle-- it would be easier to diagnose the problem by having someone hook a diagnostic machine to you car that will tell you what is wrong with it...

the self test he is talking about is when you put the key in and start the car, the light comes on for 2-3 seconds or so

1 - 6 of 6 Posts