Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 civic jdm h22a lsd tranny lightend flywheel and act clutch. ok this is my problem when i run my first gear hard it is fine it will bark sencond everything then when i go to run second it cuts out on me like when you try to hit vtec when its cold but my car is fully warmed up. the car will pull hard in everyother gear but when i run first hard and go to run second it just cuts out on me and it feels dead ill hit the throttle and nuthing then like a second later it will come on. wierd? also this is another problem it will idle funny like ill be sitting then the rpm will drop to like 600 rpm and then go up to 1500 rpm and keep doing it then sometimes it will do it once or twice then stop. and also when i drive normal it always does then when its warmd up . i can hit the gas rev it to 3000 rpm then let off and it will drop to about 600 rpm and when it drops that low it seems like its gonna die then it will go up to about 1200 rpm and then level out at about 1000 rpm. i was driving to school this morning and i was in 5th at like 50mph and it would cut out on me randomly and my check light came on then i cut it off and my check light came on. when the check light is on it idles high like at 1400 rpm. so i dont know my problem. please help

·
Registered
19 Posts
had same problem...

i just got rid of my EG with H22a swap and i had the same problem before i did. The car would cut out when trying to take it too higher RPMs. I took it to a local swap shop and they said it was bcz my vavle springs were shot. I wouldnt doubt it cuz i know my motor was raced hard before i got it. The check engine light never came on when i first got the car. But the more i drove it, the more it came on and would go off. Lots of trouble to maintain but well worth it when considering the unmatchable power it makes.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its running fine like it has did it for a while and ive gotten on it latly too but my problem i believe is my water pump its leaking mad coolant i noticed it the other day i bought a new one from honda just waiting to put it in it had a coolant leak for a while but i didnt know where it was coming from until now i think the lack of pressure in the coolant sytem was causing my iac valve too act up when i idled like when the coolant is toped off it doesnt act up at all. so ill tell you guys how it goes. oh yea your right though you cant match the power the h22a makes in a civic for sure i love how it drive so effortlessly barly tap the gas and its gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts