Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this set of Yamaha computer speakers. When I plug them into my computer, they work fine. Or so they seem... They work, but the external volume control knob doesn't work (ie: the sound volume is locked). The only way you can adjust the volume is to use the volume control slider thingy on the toolbar. Also, the headphone jack does not work either. When you plug in the headphones, the sound comes through the speakers instead of the headphones. The only control button on the speakers which works is the power button. Anyway, I unscrewed the covers & had a quick look inside at the circuit boards & all that other crap & there appears to be nothing burnt/broken/fried, etc, & everything looks ok (although I don't know much about electrical things).

Computer specs are pentium 3 500, 250 or-so meg ram, windows 98 (don't know if these are necessary).

Anyone know what is wrong?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
plug them into a different source. Like a portable CD player or Walkman or something. See if it does the same thing. If it does it's def the speakers. That means good news...go buy some Klipsch surround speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts