Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off my car idilsand 1 or 200 RPMS and it stalls at every light. I have a huge knocking comming from the engine compartment, and im leaking anti-freeze. I Dont know if these all fall together for one reason, but i need some MAJOR help before I do anything.....Do you guys have any ideas on what could be wrong??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sounds bad.. First off the knocking is mostlikely your rod bearings they need to be changed. Hopefully they didn't cut up the crank or you'll need a new crank. Did your oil light come on yet? The bearings are the reason for the low rpm. The more you drive it the more damage your doing so I would get it fixed and stop driveing. Before it is too late. The anit freeze could be leaking from a line or the radiator your going to have to trace the leak to the sorce. Good luck

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh The knocking could also be piston slap where the cyl wall or the piston is out of round most likely the piston and there is extra room in there so the side of the piston is slaping against the wall. Also you could have a bent valve. Either way your looking at a rebuild $$

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the oil light has been on...how much am i looking at to fix all these probhlems?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If your not going to do it your self a shit load. If your going to do it your self a smaller shit load.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts