Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the si to get my emissions tested today. I failed but I learned a few things:

I am throwing 4 codes:
p0505 idle air system malfun.
p0171 system too lean
p0420 cat failure
p156

I still have drivability of the car it just gets annoying having the CEL on and having idle problems. I have been told to clean the air flow sensor..

As stated in threads I have made before, the car idles high with a bogging down of first gear up to 2200 rpms....

The car will be going into the shop on the 23rd of this month and if I can fix any of these problems to save myself some money I will..

Any inoput is greatly appreciated!
Brian

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I notice black soot on the back of my bumper but my catalytic converter has failed so that could be the reason; it isnt picking up the exhaust thus dumping it on my bumper. Like I said I took it to emissions and those are the codes it threw. I am taking the car in for a new suspension next wednesday and I am wanting to get these fixed....

If they dont getfixed I will have the mechanic look at it.

Any clues? I have cleaned the iacv out along with the throttle body...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Running lean = Needs a tune up, new plugs / wires, and possible a new o2..but change your plugs and wires..that'll get rid of that..i had that on my mom's and my grandpa's car, simple tune up cleared it right up..

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
hobie237 said:
Plugs and wires won't change the lean/rich condition. Neither will a failed cat.

Check the fuel system.

past 8 cars i've worked on that had this problem was the fact they weren't burning fuel correctly...i wouldnt' throw some stupid shit out there if it didn't work.. new plugs/wires your code will be gone i promise..listen to someone who's gotten the code to go away..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.