Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, basically I converted all the green LED's to blue within my center dash for 6th my gen. Only problem is that in the process, I screwed up two set of holes, which i then resolved by using wire from the source to the LED.

so everythin works fine now, EXCEPT i'm not sure if the circulation button is working right.

In this order:
1) push front vent button -> front vent LED turns on
2) push circulation button -> both front vent and circulation LEDs turn on
3) push defog button (upper right) -> only defog LED turns on
4) push circulation button -> nothing happens (?)
5) push front vent button -> both front vent and circulation LEDs turn on (?)

is this right? if someone could spent two secs to figure if this is right or not, I'd appreciate it.... I just want to find out if i broke something.

thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
Doesn't the manual say something about using the front defroster? I think it turns the a/c on as well but you need to turn the fan on. If the fan is off, neither the recirculation nor the a/c indicator lights will be on (if my memory serves me).

·
Registered
739 Posts
O.K. I checked my climate controls following your steps.
Pushed vent button = vent indicator light illuminated
Pushed recirc button = recirc indicator light illuminated
Pushed defrost button = defrost indicator light illuminated and vent, recirc indicator lights went out
Pushed recirc button = recirc indicator light illuminated

I think you have a loose connection. I had a loose connection for one of my indicator lights my first time around. It would go on sometimes and sometimes not. You probably have a cold solder joint.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loose connection where? how is that possible? if it were loose, or if i had a cold solder joint, wouldn't the recirc button not go on at all?

my problem is that the i just can't turn the recirc LED on when the defrost button is on. notice I said LED... i know the circulation button works cuz i can hear it changing. it's only the LED that's acting all goofy~

thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
When I first did my conversion, my vent light would work sometimes and then it would go out. Sometimes it would work fine. Sometimes not at all. I had to resolder the connection and everything has worked fine since. The solder joint looked really solid but I guess there was a hairline crack and it wasn't making good contact. The button worked all the while but the indicator light was intermittently working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts