Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

problems with engine

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  b18c1sol 
#1 ·
we just completed my engine swap. the problem is the check engine light will not go off, and the tackometer doesn't work. is there any way to fix this. the check engine light is my main concern, it is a brand new gsr motor and i am almost positive nothing is wrong with it. does any one know whats going on.

#2 ·
check engine light doesn't mean something is wrong with it, as the broken or malfunctioning... something might not be connected right or emmissions might be setting it off... best bet would be to pull the check engine code from the ecu and find out exactly what the problem is

#4 ·
Pull codes by jumping out the plug with (2) connectors above the ECU (passenger side, under glove box)... it will be in a green case with engine in the ON position, but not running. Sean

#6 ·
the motor has a sensor on the plenum on the intake, well i have an aem intake and there was no where to plug that sensor into. so there is a plug with no mate, could that be the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.