Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

i've got a 94' GSR & lately the cars idle has been messed up. it will idle between 1k - 2k non-stop when ever i'm sitting at a stop sign. it doesn't matter weather i have my foot on the clutch or not it will still act up. my 87' civic si had the same problem but i never checked into getting it fixed, but i'd like to take care of it with the teg. i've heard this is a common problem with honda's & was wondering if anyone has had the same problem & how to fix it? any help would be great. thanks.:)

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
Fast idle valve is gone or either it's the Throttle position Sensor. My 94 GS-R had that problem and it was my fast idle valve;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think its the idle speed. I'm thinking may be the Fast Idle Valve or TPS. I say TPS because every now and again it does bog (like its struggling for fuel) in 1st. I'm also concerned that it may be the alternator (AL) signal.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
which valve?

the fast idle valve is located near the throttle body and its not a BITCH to change, but its not easy either, just something that you wouldnt really wanna do, but its not too hard either.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I would get a manual if I were you. They are cheap and are very informative. I know some people say they are for beginners, but I disagree. Sure some of the stuff they have is dumb, like changing the oil, but a lot of the stuff they cover is a step by step proceedure for doing things. It has helped me a lot over the years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.